2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show: India-bound Renault Kaptur showcased
At the ongoing 2016 Sao Motor Show, the Renault pavilion has an interesting line-up of Duster Extreme and the Kwid Outsider concepts. However, stationed beside them is the new Renault Kaptur which is expected to reach Indian shores sometime in next year. At the official unveiling that happened early this year, Renault had mentioned that the Kaptur will go on sale in Brazil first, the market the SUV is primarily designed for.
The Renault Kaptur SUV shares its underpinnings with the Duster SUV. However, with the host of premium additions, features and a modern design language, the same will be positioned above the Duster in India. In terms of design, the Renault Kaptur features an aggressive design and comes equipped with projector lights with C-shaped LED daytime running lamps. The side gets rugged matte cladding and a higher ground clearance of 204mm, similar to that of the Renault Duster. The Kaptur rides on stylish diamond-cut 17-inch alloys.
Renault has already disclosed the dimensions of the Kaptur SUV. It measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width and 1,613mm in height which makes it 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Duster. However, both the SUVs have a similar wheelbase at 2,674mm. The approach and departure angles for the Kaptur are 20 and 31 degrees respectively.
The cabin of the Renault Kaptur will feature premium materials compared to that of the Duster. It gets distinct set of lines on the dashboard and also houses a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation. Presently, the same is offered in the Kwid and the Duster.
When launched in India, Renault will equip the Kaptur with the same 1.5-litre diesel that does duty in the Duster but in a different state of tune. This motor will be mated to either a 5-speed or 6-speed manual box, or perhaps a 6-speed Easy-R AMT that debuted recently in the Duster. We also expect Renault to bring out an all-wheel drive version of the SUV.
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India