2016 Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup: Ahamed Kadai Yaseen from India selected to participate
Ahamed Kadai Yaseen from India is one of the 13 candidates to be selected for the 2016 Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup. The selection took place at the Sepang International Karting Circuit, where the racers rode customised Honda underbone scooters to be judged by a panel of experts led by the director of the Cup, Alberto Puig. Yaseen and the others were tasked with setting the best lap times and also showcasing their handling skills on the scooters.
"We are happy, we have some nationalities that could be in the lap times. This is important, and this gives us a better package for next year. From now on we will have to try to work with these kids during the winter and see how they join together with the guys that are already in the Cup," says Puig.
The final list of participants will comprise of these 13 riders along with those from the 2015 edition of the Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup that would be invited to compete this season.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept