2016 Skoda Superb to be launched in India on February 23, 2016
Skoda will launch the all-new Superb in India on February 23, 2016. It was first unveiled in February, 2015 in Prague and couple of months later, it was spotted testing in India. The 2016 Skoda Superb gets an all-new look with several design cues taken from the Vision C concept. The Skoda Superb has a very sleek design language with angular surfaces all around the car. It gets the signature bow-tie grille and the bulge running down the centre of the bonnet from the badge. The new Skoda Superb also gets a fresh set of headlights with unique looking DRLs. There are new LED taillights and neat creases along the bumper and boot lid. The 2016 Skoda Superb's wheelbase is 80mm longer than that of the outgoing model.
Skoda India has released a teaser video of the 2016 Superb, which you will find below.
The angular design theme is carried forward to the interior as well. It will get a new infotainment system based on Volkswagen's MIB interface, which also incorporates Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. The Skoda Superb also features a panoramic sunroof, a tablet holder for rear passengers and wider cabin than the outgoing model.
Apart from the usual safety features, Skoda has also fitted the Superb with adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, traffic jam assist, emergency braking assist, crew protection assist, traffic sign recognition and attention assist. While the Skoda Superb is offered with four engine options internationally, we expect the India-spec vehicle to share powertrains with the current Skoda Octavia (180PS 1.8-litre TSI and 143PS 2.0-litre TDI). We expect the new Skoda Superb to be priced between Rs 22-30 lakh in India.
Starts Rs 25.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018