2016 Suzuki Alto 800 launched in Sri Lanka at LKR 20.15 lakhs
Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, official distributor for Suzuki cars, has launched the new Alto at LKR 20.15 lakhs (Rs 9.33 Lakh) in Sri Lanka. Last month, Maruti Suzuki launched the updated Alto 800 in India at Rs 2.49 lakh. The new Alto will be available in four variants - Lxi, Lxi(O), Vxi and Vxi(O). The optional variants get driver airbag as standard.
The 2016 Alto gets a new radiator grille with an updated headlight design. The side and the rear continue to look similar to the previous iteration. Inside, the layout of the dashboard has been retained except for minor revision in the feature list and the seats. The new Alto retains its 796cc three-cylinder motor that makes 48PS of power and 63Nm of torque. The motor is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. However, this motor has been tuned to deliver an improved fuel efficiency of 24.7kmpl, which is a nine per cent improvement over the previous model
Similar to the update in the Alto 800 facelift in India, the new Alto in Sri Lanka too gets Cerulean Blue and Mojito Green which makes the total colour palette options to six. Suzuki has also added remote keyless entry and has updated the rear seats with new integrated headrests. The new Alto is also longer by 35mm than the previous version.
The new Alto sold in Sri Lanka is sourced from the Indian plant by Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. The Sri Lankan line-up of Suzuki models comprises of Alto, Alto K10, Celerio, Omni, Stingray, Swift, Swift Sport, SX4 hatchback, DZire, Ciaz, Ertiga and Grand Vitara.
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055