2016 Suzuki Alto 800 launched in Sri Lanka at LKR 20.15 lakhs
Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, official distributor for Suzuki cars, has launched the new Alto at LKR 20.15 lakhs (Rs 9.33 Lakh) in Sri Lanka. Last month, Maruti Suzuki launched the updated Alto 800 in India at Rs 2.49 lakh. The new Alto will be available in four variants - Lxi, Lxi(O), Vxi and Vxi(O). The optional variants get driver airbag as standard.
The 2016 Alto gets a new radiator grille with an updated headlight design. The side and the rear continue to look similar to the previous iteration. Inside, the layout of the dashboard has been retained except for minor revision in the feature list and the seats. The new Alto retains its 796cc three-cylinder motor that makes 48PS of power and 63Nm of torque. The motor is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. However, this motor has been tuned to deliver an improved fuel efficiency of 24.7kmpl, which is a nine per cent improvement over the previous model
Similar to the update in the Alto 800 facelift in India, the new Alto in Sri Lanka too gets Cerulean Blue and Mojito Green which makes the total colour palette options to six. Suzuki has also added remote keyless entry and has updated the rear seats with new integrated headrests. The new Alto is also longer by 35mm than the previous version.
The new Alto sold in Sri Lanka is sourced from the Indian plant by Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. The Sri Lankan line-up of Suzuki models comprises of Alto, Alto K10, Celerio, Omni, Stingray, Swift, Swift Sport, SX4 hatchback, DZire, Ciaz, Ertiga and Grand Vitara.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000