2016 Suzuki Vitara S unveiled
After the unveil of the all new Vitara earlier this year, Suzuki has now pulled the covers off the Vitara S, which is all set to hit the markets by January 2016. The new Suzuki Vitara S gets a lot of additional trim compared to the standard model. This includes new 17-inch alloys wheels, a new grille design, silver-backed rear view mirrors, LED headlamps with red inserts, rear spoiler and black side mouldings. There are updates inside too with red detailing on the aircon vents, the leather upholstery and the instrument console. It also gets aluminium pedals as standard.
The main highlight of the Vitara S, however, is the all new engine that debuts in the car. It is the first Suzuki to use the new Boosterjet engine. The car uses the all new 1.4-litre, direct injection, turbocharged unit that makes 140PS and 220Nm of torque. Suzuki says that the new motor with its small displacement yet high torque turbocharging, ensures an efficient and fun driving experience. To do this, the engineers at Suzuki have designed the turbocharger to have minimal lag. Attaching the compact turbocharger directly to the cylinder head and incorporating the exhaust manifold into the cylinder head casing are expected to ensure optimal gas flow and minimal heat loss. This means that the turbo can run a pressure of 1.1 bar (15.95psi).
The engine can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. With the manual 'box, Suzuki is claiming a 0-100kmph time of 10.2 seconds and a top speed of 200kmph. The car will also get Suzuki's Allgrip four-wheel drive system as standard fitment.
Will it come to India? Seeing how dismally the previous generation car did in our market, the introduction of the new Vitara itself is doubtful. In such a situation, the arrival of the Vitara S is very unlikely.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000