2016 Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship: Jagat Singh and Nagarjuna A win the Super Class
Season 3 of the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship concluded this weekend at the BIC in Delhi. This is the first year to host a Super Class category which comprised only of Indian truck drivers. There were two races in the category with six drivers competing in each. By the end of it, Jagat Singh and Nagarjuna A had emerged as the winners of their respective races, and were awarded Rs 10 lakh each as prize money. Competitors in the Super Class were your everyday truck drivers, before they were nominated, selected, trained and shortlisted to participate in the championship. The 12 drivers picked for the final races were shortlisted from around 50,000 entries after three months of fine-tuning.
Meanwhile in the Pro Class, David Jenkins of Team Tata Technologies won the final 20-lap race ahead of Team Tata Cummins' Rick Collett and Graham Powell. In this category, 12 drivers from six teams competed in two races. Unlike the Super Class, however, drivers in this category are seasoned truck racers from championships like the British Truck Racing Association Championship.
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover