2016 Toyota Fortuner variants for India leaked
We had previously revealed that the 2016 Toyota Fortuner will be launched in India on November 7. We now know that the all-new Fortuner will be offered to buyers in a total of six variants. The 2016 Fortuner range will comprise of a 4X2 petrol MT, 4X2 petrol AT, 4X2 diesel MT, 4X2 diesel AT, 4X4 diesel MT and a 4X4 diesel AT.
Toyota dealerships in Mumbai are currently accepting bookings for the 2016 Toyota Fortuner for an amount of Rs 1 lakh. Deliveries of the new Fortuner are scheduled to begin from the end of November. The Toyota dealers we spoke to said that the all-new Fortuner will offered with a 2.8-litre diesel engine and a 2.7-litre petrol engine. Toyota offers both these engines on the Innova Crysta as well.
The Toyota Fortuner was first introduced to our shores in 2009 and it was one of the manufacturer's most popular models. Toyota showrooms say that they are receiving a fair amount of customer inquiries and expect the new model to sell as much as its predecessor. In terms of dimensions, it gets a 2,750mm wheelbase and has a length of 4,795mm, width of 1,855mm and a height of 1,835mm. It has a ground clearance of 225mm.
The new Fortuner is based on Toyota's TNGA platform and shares its mechanicals with the Innova Crysta MPV and the Hilux pick-up. The new Fortuner looks more aggressive and modern than its predecessor. Once launched the 2016 Toyota Fortuner will compete against the Ford Endeavour, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and the Honda CR-V. The new Toyota Fortuner is also the only car in its segment now to be offered with petrol as well as diesel engines, along with manual and automatic transmissions. Expect a price upwards of Rs 22 lakh.
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works