2016 Triumph Thruxton R launched in India at Rs 10.90 lakh
Triumph India has just launched the Thruxton R in India at RS 10.90 lakh (ex-Delhi). The highly anticipated, cafe racer-styled motorcycle was unveiled at the 2016 Auto Expo in Noida and generated a lot of interest since then.
The Thruxton R is powered by a 1,200cc, 8-valve, parallel twin engine that develops 97PS at 6,750rpm and 112Nm at 4,950rpm only. The company says the torque output is a staggering 62 per cent more than the motor in the previous model.
Design wise, the motorcycle is an absolute stunner, blending retro style with modern components. The large, chiseled tank and short tail piece lend the bike with the quintessential cafe racer look, complemented by the bar-end mirrors that look pretty cool. The wire spoke wheels are also hark back to the old days. What also grabs the attention is the gold-coloured front forks and the Ohlins twin shocks at the rear.
Triumph has kitted the Thruxton R with modern day features that include Brembo brakes with switchable ABS, ride-by-wire and riding modes (Road, Rain, Sport). The bike also gets switchable traction control.
The bike will be available at Triumph dealers across India soon. While we wait to road test the new Triumph Thruxton R in India, you can read our detailed report of the first ride in Spain here.
- FeaturesUnderstanding Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform
- NewsTata Motors announces Ziptron technology for electric vehicles
- NewsINRC 2019: Rally of Jodhpur gets underway on September 21
- NewsDucati Multistrada to get a V4 power source - slated for 2021
- FeaturesHow a CVT works - Everything you need to know about Continuously Variable Transmission