2016 Triumph Thruxton R launched in India at Rs 10.90 lakh
Triumph India has just launched the Thruxton R in India at RS 10.90 lakh (ex-Delhi). The highly anticipated, cafe racer-styled motorcycle was unveiled at the 2016 Auto Expo in Noida and generated a lot of interest since then.
The Thruxton R is powered by a 1,200cc, 8-valve, parallel twin engine that develops 97PS at 6,750rpm and 112Nm at 4,950rpm only. The company says the torque output is a staggering 62 per cent more than the motor in the previous model.
Design wise, the motorcycle is an absolute stunner, blending retro style with modern components. The large, chiseled tank and short tail piece lend the bike with the quintessential cafe racer look, complemented by the bar-end mirrors that look pretty cool. The wire spoke wheels are also hark back to the old days. What also grabs the attention is the gold-coloured front forks and the Ohlins twin shocks at the rear.
Triumph has kitted the Thruxton R with modern day features that include Brembo brakes with switchable ABS, ride-by-wire and riding modes (Road, Rain, Sport). The bike also gets switchable traction control.
The bike will be available at Triumph dealers across India soon. While we wait to road test the new Triumph Thruxton R in India, you can read our detailed report of the first ride in Spain here.
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS rolls out customer-centric EMI scheme
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!