2016 Volkswagen Ameo petrol launched in India at Rs 5.14 lakh
Volkswagen India has launched the Ameo petrol in three trims starting at Rs 5.14 lakh (Trendline), ex-Mumbai. The Comfortline and Highline are priced at Rs 5.88 lakh and Rs 6.92 lakh, respectively. The diesel trims will be in showrooms by Diwali this year. It is highly likely that the 1.5-litre diesel will get the updated 107PS tune. The specifications also list a 7-speed DSG along with the 5-speed manual for the diesel Ameo.
The spec sheet of the Ameo hasn't changed from the last time the car was unveiled at the expo. This means a 1.2l 3-cylinder 75PS/110Nm engine which is mated to a 5-speed manual. VW claims 17.83kmpl fuel efficiency from the Ameo petrol. Dual airbags as well as ABS are standard across the range, a first in class.
Volkswagen has also endowed the Ameo Highline with a lot of segment-first features like cruise control, rain sensing wipers, front arm rest, anti-pinch power windows (front and rear), touchscreen system with MirrorLink, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, and static cornering lights. The Volkswagen Ameo will compete with the Hyundai Xcent, Ford Figo Aspire, Tata Zest, Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire.
Watch the first drive review of the new Volkswagen Ameo petrol here
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Volkswagen Ameo, click here
Starts Rs 5.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000