2016 Volkswagen Vento Cup: Ishaan Dodhiwala on pole at season finale
Ishaan Dodhiwala took pole during qualifying for the 2016 Volkswagen Cup series finale at the Buddh International Circuit
The final round of the 2016 Volkswagen Vento Cup 2016 has begun at the Buddh International Circuit at Greater Noida. And if qualifying is anything to go by, the races are likely to be very exciting too, especially since the championship battle between Ishaan Dodhiwala and Karminder Pal Singh is very close indeed.
During the two practice sessions, Dodhiwala managed to throw down the gauntlet, topping the time sheets and signalling his intent to take home the title this weekend. After which, he also took pole, with a lap time of 2min 25.938sec.
Karminder Pal Singh will start second on the grid
Singh, who is currently second in the championship, will start the first race of the weekend from second on the grid. With just 34 points separating him from the leader, he is determined to give it his all. After all, he's narrowly lost out on taking home the championship over the last two seasons.
Meanwhile, lining up third on the grid, is guest driver from OVERDRIVE Rishaad Mody, who will have his work cut out for him, since Keith Desouza lines up alongside him in fourth place, with a timing of 2min 29.288sec.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic