2016 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched in India at Rs 52,000
Yamaha has launched the Ray-ZR in India at Rs 52,000 for the drum variant and Rs 54,500 for the front disc trim, ex-Delhi. The Yamaha Ray-ZR was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The new Ray-ZR boasts a sportiness, missing in Yamaha's scooter portfolio in India. The graphics used, especially the battle green, is similar to what the company has used for the FZ before. The Ray-ZR weighs in at a light 103kg and in what is a first for a Yamaha, adds a front disc brake.
Powering the Yamaha Ray-ZR is the tried and tested 113cc BlueCore engine which makes 7.1PS and 8.1Nm, the same as the other scooters on the platform. The claimed fuel efficiency is also similar at 66kmpl, the highest amongst the scooters currently sold in India. Other features include a fresh instrument console, gas charged rear shock absorber, alloy wheels, tubeless tyres, a golden finish to the bar ends, rear brake clamp, wheels as well as few cycle parts. Yamaha recently discontinued sales of the base Ray scooter, the reason being that customers preferred the much more stylish Ray Z, the mature Alpha and the trendy Fascino.
There are rumours that Yamaha will also launch a 125cc-engined Ray at a later stage. The launch will most likely happen this year.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900