2016 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched in India at Rs 52,000
Yamaha has launched the Ray-ZR in India at Rs 52,000 for the drum variant and Rs 54,500 for the front disc trim, ex-Delhi. The Yamaha Ray-ZR was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The new Ray-ZR boasts a sportiness, missing in Yamaha's scooter portfolio in India. The graphics used, especially the battle green, is similar to what the company has used for the FZ before. The Ray-ZR weighs in at a light 103kg and in what is a first for a Yamaha, adds a front disc brake.
Powering the Yamaha Ray-ZR is the tried and tested 113cc BlueCore engine which makes 7.1PS and 8.1Nm, the same as the other scooters on the platform. The claimed fuel efficiency is also similar at 66kmpl, the highest amongst the scooters currently sold in India. Other features include a fresh instrument console, gas charged rear shock absorber, alloy wheels, tubeless tyres, a golden finish to the bar ends, rear brake clamp, wheels as well as few cycle parts. Yamaha recently discontinued sales of the base Ray scooter, the reason being that customers preferred the much more stylish Ray Z, the mature Alpha and the trendy Fascino.
There are rumours that Yamaha will also launch a 125cc-engined Ray at a later stage. The launch will most likely happen this year.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India