2017 Ameo Cup: Guest driver Devin Robertson dominates Race 1
In the second round of the 2017 Ameo Cup, guest driver, Devin Robertson from South Africa dominated the practice sessions, qualifying and Race 1.
Guest driver, Devin Robertson, from South Africa, en route victory at Race 1 of Round 2 of the Volkswagen Cup
Robertson, a Polo R Cup champion, was around 2 seconds quicker than Karminder Singh (second fastest) during practice. He even managed to take pole position with a time of 1min 54.150sec, while A Sandeep Kumar (1min 55.252sec) and Karminder Singh (1min 55.268sec) took P2 and P3.
(L-R) Sirish Vissa, head of VW Motorsport India with drivers Karminder Pal Singh, Devin Robertson and Sandeep Kumar
In Race 1, Robertson managed to pull a significant lead, finishing almost 11 seconds ahead of Singh, who finished second. Kumar finished around six seconds later to take third.
Devin leads the pack, chased by Karminder and Sandeep in Race 1
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana
- NewsElectric vehicles can now be sold in India without batteries, states the Government
- NewsSteelbird India launches hands free face shield, plans to make 1 lakh units in three months