2017 Ameo Cup: Guest driver Devin Robertson dominates Race 1
In the second round of the 2017 Ameo Cup, guest driver, Devin Robertson from South Africa dominated the practice sessions, qualifying and Race 1.
Guest driver, Devin Robertson, from South Africa, en route victory at Race 1 of Round 2 of the Volkswagen Cup
Robertson, a Polo R Cup champion, was around 2 seconds quicker than Karminder Singh (second fastest) during practice. He even managed to take pole position with a time of 1min 54.150sec, while A Sandeep Kumar (1min 55.252sec) and Karminder Singh (1min 55.268sec) took P2 and P3.
(L-R) Sirish Vissa, head of VW Motorsport India with drivers Karminder Pal Singh, Devin Robertson and Sandeep Kumar
In Race 1, Robertson managed to pull a significant lead, finishing almost 11 seconds ahead of Singh, who finished second. Kumar finished around six seconds later to take third.
Devin leads the pack, chased by Karminder and Sandeep in Race 1
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed