2017 Audi A3 Convertible launched in India at Rs 47.98 lakh
Audi has brought in the updated A3 Convertible in India at Rs 47.98 lakh, ex-Delhi. Audi dealerships across the country have already started taking bookings as the model will go be on sale in the next few days. The 2017 Audi A3 Convertible will be only available with a petrol 1.4-litre TFSI motor.
The 2017 Audi A3 Convertible gets similar design changes as the new-gen A4 that was launched in India last year. The same will also make it on the upcoming facelifted Audi A3 sedan. While on the whole, the new iteration doesn't look substantially different from the previous, a closer look reveals the updated matrix LED headlight and new tail light cluster. The front grille too has got wider while the bumper has received minor tweaks. Apart from that, the new A3 Convertible retains the dimensions of the previous model, meaning the rear occupant space will continue to be a tight squeeze. Something that we can verify in our road test.
Inside, the A3 Convertible comes equipped with a 7-inch retractable infotainment display with navigation, dual-zone air conditioning, park assist with camera, five airbags, ABS with EBD, and an optional Bang & Olufsen audio system. The highlight of the A3 Convertible is its roof that can be raised or lowered at speeds of up to 50kmph using an electro hydraulic mechanism.
The previous Convertible was powered by a 180PS/250Nm 1.8-litre petrol motor. However, under the hood of the new Convertible is a 1.4-litre TFSI motor that puts out 150PS and 250Nm and is mated to a 7-speed S-tronic transmission. Audi claims that this motor delivers 19.20kmpl. This powertrain is shared with the new-gen A4 in the identical state of tune. In our road test, we managed to do 0 to 100kmph in 8.6s. Audi has not revealed the performance numbers for the new A3 Convertible.
The previous A3 Convertible, launched in 2014, was available at Rs 47.35 lakh while the new iteration gets a minor price hike of Rs 63,000 at Rs 47.98 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 48.52 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty