2017 Audi A3 facelift launched in India at Rs 30.50 lakh
Audi India has launched the updated A3 at Rs 30.50 lakh, ex-Delhi. The car is available in two trims - Premium Plus and Technology - for the petrol and diesel variants. The new A3 is available across all Audi showrooms with deliveries scheduled within a few weeks' time.
Audi has tweaked the headlamp design of the A3. However, the famed Matrix LED headlamps have been skipped, and the car continues with the projectors from the outgoing car. The bumpers too have been revised while 16-inch alloys, dynamic turn indicators at the back and LED lamps round off the other design changes to the car.
Inside, the car continues with the minimal button layout. There is a new steering wheel with Bluetooth, cruise control as well as music buttons on it. The front seats are electrically powered but miss out on the memory function. Audi also offers a panoramic sunroof and dual-zone climate control. There is also a wireless phone charging available under the front armrest. The gimmicky multimedia meters available in the international A3 though has been skipped, and the car continues with the old twin-pod layout.
While the 141PS 2.0-litre TDi engine still does duty under the hood of diesel A3, the petrol gets an all-new unit. The 1.4-litre petrol engine makes 150PS/250Nm and is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission. This 4-cylinder engine also gets cylinder-on-demand feature. During cruising or low-speed conditions, the ECU shuts off two cylinders, thereby lowering both emissions as well as fuel consumption. Audi claims a fuel economy of 19.1kmpl from the petrol A3 and 20.7kmpl from the diesel.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open