2017 Audi A3 facelift to be launched in India on April 6
Audi entered the compact sedan segment in India with the A3 in 2014. The German car manufacturer states that the sedan amounts to 15 per cent of its overall sales in India. The 2017 Audi A3 will be the third new offering this year from the automobile brand in India after the updated A3 cabriolet and the A4 diesel. Apart from cosmetic changes, the 2017 Audi A4 features a new 1.4-litre petrol motor.
The 2017 Audi A3 retains the characteristic traits, but does look smarter and fresher when compared to the previous iteration. The radiator grille gets a sharper profile while the bumper features a tweaked design, with a chrome garnish. While it was expected that the A3, like its elder siblings, too will sport matrix LEDs, instead it gets LED projector lights. Base variants get Xenon headlamps as standard. The silhouette remains unchanged except for a minor revision of the 16-inch alloy wheel design. The rear profile of the A3 facelift gets few tweaks too.
The facelifted Audi A3 borrows its cabin design from the previous model. In terms of features, however, it comes equipped with wireless charging under the front armrest, three-spoke steering wheel, 2-zone climate control, Milano leather upholstery along with panoramic sunroof. Unlike more premium Audis that feature virtual cockpit, the facelifted A3 retains the standard instrument cluster of the previous model.
While the previous version of the A3 petrol was powered by a 1.8-litre motor, the 2017 Audi A3 gets the 1.4-litre unit from the A4. This one now makes 150PS/250Nm, identical to the A4. Audi has also added Cylinder On Demand or CoD tech to this motor where two cylinders are deactivated under low load conditions or cruising. Audi claims that the 2017 A4 delivers an overall efficiency of 19.2kmpl, almost 3kmpl more than the outgoing engine. It also contributes to lower emissions. Read our detailed 2017 Audi A3 facelift first drive review here.
We expect the 2017 Audi A3 to be priced between Rs 32-38 lakh when launched in India. The only sedan with which the Audi A3 competes in India is the Mercedes-Benz CLA. Presently, the Audi A3 is priced between Rs 28-37 lakh, ex-Mumbai.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesTeam India hones their skills for the BMW GS Trophy
- News2018 Formula Junior Racing Series: Bala Prasath crowned champion
- NewsAudi working on long range EVs for India, aiming for a 2020 launch
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur