2017 Audi A4 diesel launched in India at Rs 40.20 lakh
The new-generation Audi A4 was launched in India last year. However, it was only offered in the 1.4-litre petrol variant. Today, the company has launched the A4 diesel in India at Rs 40.20 lakh, ex-Delhi. The company has already started taking bookings for the sedan while deliveries are expected to begin soon.
The Audi A4 diesel is powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel motor that was doing duty in the previous-gen model. However, the 2L TDI engine now makes 190PS and 400Nm wherein the power output has been raised by 15PS. Audi states that the updated motor offers 7 per cent improvement in power delivery and fuel efficiency. The company claims that the A4 35 TDI delivers 18.25kmpl, whereas the sedan delivered 16kmpl in our first drive. Audi claims a 0-100kmph time of 7.7 seconds for the A4 35 TDI and a top speed of 237 kmph. Read our 2017 Audi A4 diesel first drive here.
In terms of looks, the Audi A4 TDI does not look any different from its 30 TFSI petrol version. The new-age design offers a sleeker LED headlights and the overall profile makes it look crisper than the previous-generation model. Dimensionally, the new Audi A4 is 25mm longer and 16mm wider than the previous-generation model, while the height has been retained. The new MLB platform has also contributed to an additional 12mm in the wheelbase which now measures 2,820mm.
The feature list of the 2017 Audi A4 diesel includes the new infotainment screen with Audi MMI (multimedia interface). It gets a leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel with aluminium bits. It also sports virtual cockpit which is a fully digital instrument cluster, similar to that of the new R8 and the Audi TT.
The diesel A4 competes with the Mercedes-Benz C220d and the BMW 320d. We believe Audi delayed the launch of the 2.0-litre diesel in India as the company had to recalibrate the motor to meet the quality of diesel fuel available in our country.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch