2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI petrol SUV launched in India at Rs 67.76 lakh
Audi India on Monday launched the 2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI, a petrol engine option for its flagship Audi Q7 SUV, at a price of Rs 67.76 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). This is the first time that the 2017 Audi Q7 SUV is available with a petrol engine in the country. The engine that Audi is offering on the Q7 is the 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine. Audi had recently launched the Audi Q7 and Audi A6 Design Edition to celebrate the completion of 10 years in the country. Audi has also changed the nomenclature for its model names, meaning the Audi Q7 40 TFSI is the same car as what was internationally sold as the Audi Q7 2.0 TFSI .
The new 2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI features a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 255PS and peak torque of 370Nm. It will come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission powering all four wheels through Audi's Quattro system. The Audi Q7 had so far been available with the 3.0-litre 45 TDI diesel engine in India. The Audi Q7 40 TFSI has a claimed 0-100kmph time of 6.9 seconds, with a top speed of 233 kmph.
Rahil Ansari, head of Audi India, with the Audi Q7 40 TFSI
The 2017 Audi Q7 SUV has managed to shed almost 325kg from its predecessor owing to a more new-age chassis constructed from steel and aluminium, as well as weight saving in other components including the suspension, the seats, the exhaust system and even the cooling mechanism. Weighing just over 2 tonnes, the 2017 Audi Q7 SUV becomes more efficient, as well as more nimble. Its sharp lines make it look much more athletic than the first-generation Q7, and it also has 235mm of ground clearance.
However, the weight loss does not mean the Audi Q7 skimps on luxury. The petrol-engined Audi Q7 40 TFSI petrol version has the same equipment level as its 45 TDI sibling. The Q7 40 TFSI features Audi Drive Select with adaptive air suspension. In the cabin, seamless air-con vents run across the width of the dash. The fascia has a very uncluttered layout. It also gets the classy yet modern Matrix LED headlights. The Audi Q7 40 TFSI will compete with the Mercedes-Benz GLS 400, Jeep Grand Cherokee petrol, the Land Rover Discovery petrol, and BMW X5 35i.
Starts Rs 67.76 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 74.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids