2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI petrol SUV launched in India at Rs 67.76 lakh
Audi India on Monday launched the 2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI, a petrol engine option for its flagship Audi Q7 SUV, at a price of Rs 67.76 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). This is the first time that the 2017 Audi Q7 SUV is available with a petrol engine in the country. The engine that Audi is offering on the Q7 is the 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine. Audi had recently launched the Audi Q7 and Audi A6 Design Edition to celebrate the completion of 10 years in the country. Audi has also changed the nomenclature for its model names, meaning the Audi Q7 40 TFSI is the same car as what was internationally sold as the Audi Q7 2.0 TFSI .
The new 2017 Audi Q7 40 TFSI features a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 255PS and peak torque of 370Nm. It will come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission powering all four wheels through Audi's Quattro system. The Audi Q7 had so far been available with the 3.0-litre 45 TDI diesel engine in India. The Audi Q7 40 TFSI has a claimed 0-100kmph time of 6.9 seconds, with a top speed of 233 kmph.
Rahil Ansari, head of Audi India, with the Audi Q7 40 TFSI
The 2017 Audi Q7 SUV has managed to shed almost 325kg from its predecessor owing to a more new-age chassis constructed from steel and aluminium, as well as weight saving in other components including the suspension, the seats, the exhaust system and even the cooling mechanism. Weighing just over 2 tonnes, the 2017 Audi Q7 SUV becomes more efficient, as well as more nimble. Its sharp lines make it look much more athletic than the first-generation Q7, and it also has 235mm of ground clearance.
However, the weight loss does not mean the Audi Q7 skimps on luxury. The petrol-engined Audi Q7 40 TFSI petrol version has the same equipment level as its 45 TDI sibling. The Q7 40 TFSI features Audi Drive Select with adaptive air suspension. In the cabin, seamless air-con vents run across the width of the dash. The fascia has a very uncluttered layout. It also gets the classy yet modern Matrix LED headlights. The Audi Q7 40 TFSI will compete with the Mercedes-Benz GLS 400, Jeep Grand Cherokee petrol, the Land Rover Discovery petrol, and BMW X5 35i.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles