2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus unveiled
Audi has unveiled the new R8 Spyder V10 Plus in a micrommata green colour scheme. This convertible will be the final version in the R8 line, and comes with the most powerful engine made by the company - a 5.2-litre naturally aspirated V10. Like the coupe, it churns out 610PS and 560Nm and sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and Audi's quattro all-wheel-drive system. The R8 Spyder V10 Plus is claimed to be Audi's fastest convertible, with a 0-100kmph time of 3.3s - that's 0.3s faster than the standard R8 Spyder V10. Audi also claims that it will return an average efficiency of 8kmpl.
The Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a lighter body than the older model. This is mainly because of the multi-material construction of the car. The newer model is fitted with carbon-fibre reinforced polymer, and aluminium makes up 79.6 per cent of the body. Weighing in at 1,695kg, it's 25kg lighter than the standard R8 Spyder V10. The roof, which weighs 44kg, is made of lightweight materials like magnesium and aluminium which further reduce the weight.
The micrommata green package seen on this car is optional. Apart from this green paint job, you get interiors draped in fine Nappa leather. The carbon-fibre accents all around the car add to the sporty nature of the car. The micrommata green package also comes with matching green contrast stitching accents on the seats, centre armrests, doors and floor mats.
The 2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a price tag of 207,500 (Rs 1.49 crore) and will make its way to India in the near future.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000