2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus unveiled
Audi has unveiled the new R8 Spyder V10 Plus in a micrommata green colour scheme. This convertible will be the final version in the R8 line, and comes with the most powerful engine made by the company - a 5.2-litre naturally aspirated V10. Like the coupe, it churns out 610PS and 560Nm and sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and Audi's quattro all-wheel-drive system. The R8 Spyder V10 Plus is claimed to be Audi's fastest convertible, with a 0-100kmph time of 3.3s - that's 0.3s faster than the standard R8 Spyder V10. Audi also claims that it will return an average efficiency of 8kmpl.
The Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a lighter body than the older model. This is mainly because of the multi-material construction of the car. The newer model is fitted with carbon-fibre reinforced polymer, and aluminium makes up 79.6 per cent of the body. Weighing in at 1,695kg, it's 25kg lighter than the standard R8 Spyder V10. The roof, which weighs 44kg, is made of lightweight materials like magnesium and aluminium which further reduce the weight.
The micrommata green package seen on this car is optional. Apart from this green paint job, you get interiors draped in fine Nappa leather. The carbon-fibre accents all around the car add to the sporty nature of the car. The micrommata green package also comes with matching green contrast stitching accents on the seats, centre armrests, doors and floor mats.
The 2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a price tag of 207,500 (Rs 1.49 crore) and will make its way to India in the near future.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car