2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus unveiled
Audi has unveiled the new R8 Spyder V10 Plus in a micrommata green colour scheme. This convertible will be the final version in the R8 line, and comes with the most powerful engine made by the company - a 5.2-litre naturally aspirated V10. Like the coupe, it churns out 610PS and 560Nm and sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and Audi's quattro all-wheel-drive system. The R8 Spyder V10 Plus is claimed to be Audi's fastest convertible, with a 0-100kmph time of 3.3s - that's 0.3s faster than the standard R8 Spyder V10. Audi also claims that it will return an average efficiency of 8kmpl.
The Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a lighter body than the older model. This is mainly because of the multi-material construction of the car. The newer model is fitted with carbon-fibre reinforced polymer, and aluminium makes up 79.6 per cent of the body. Weighing in at 1,695kg, it's 25kg lighter than the standard R8 Spyder V10. The roof, which weighs 44kg, is made of lightweight materials like magnesium and aluminium which further reduce the weight.
The micrommata green package seen on this car is optional. Apart from this green paint job, you get interiors draped in fine Nappa leather. The carbon-fibre accents all around the car add to the sporty nature of the car. The micrommata green package also comes with matching green contrast stitching accents on the seats, centre armrests, doors and floor mats.
The 2017 Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus has a price tag of 207,500 (Rs 1.49 crore) and will make its way to India in the near future.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsTVS Star City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh