2017 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 launched in India at Rs 80,648
Bajaj Auto has launched the all-new Pulsar NS160 in India at Rs 80,648 (ex-Mumbai). The prices in other metros are Rs 78,368 (ex-Delhi), Rs 81,466 (ex-Chennai) and Rs 80,365 (ex-Kolkata). The NS160 is available only in a single trim and the prices mentioned are post-GST. Bajaj offers the motorcycle in three colours - saffire blue, passion red and glossy pewter grey.
The key talking point of the smaller NS is the 160cc 4-valve oil-cooled DTS-i engine that makes 15.5PS at 8,500rpm and 14.6Nm at 6,500rpm. This is an all-new engine that has been made specifically for use in the NS160 and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The power and torque figures are similar to its main competitors - the Honda CB Hornet, Suzuki Gixxer and the Yamaha FZ Fi.
The Bajaj Pulsar NS160 has a familiar silhouette borrowed from the bigger NS200. However, the key differences between the 200 and the 160 are the smaller 240mm front disc brake (280mm for the NS200), a 130mm rear drum brake (200 has a 230mm disc), presence of a kick lever, decals and graphics, and slimmer front and rear tyres. The NS160 is also lighter at 142kg vs the 152kg of the NS200. Much like the bigger NS, the smaller motorcycle too gets a steel perimeter frame, split seats, and telescopic front and monoshock rear suspension.
Starts Rs 82,624
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch