2017 Chevrolet Cruze hatchback unveiled
Chevrolet has officially unveiled the 2017 Cruze hatchback which will go on sale in the US sometime around August this year. Based on the same D2XX platform as the Chevrolet Cruze sedan, the hatchback version gets an identical 2700mm wheelbase. The difference is mainly on the styling front with the Cruze hatchback sporting a sloping roofline with an integrated spoiler and wraparound tail lamps. According to Chevrolet, the all-new Cruze hatchback is 91kg lighter than the previous-generation car. The all-new Chevrolet Cruze hatchback will be offered in two LT and Premier trims, with an optional RS package, that offers unique front and rear fascias and rocker panels.
The Chevrolet Cruze hatchback will be powered by a 1.4-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine. In terms of key features, it will come equipped with leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Chevrolet's MyLink radio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. On the safety front, it will get Lane Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Parking Assist. It offers 524 litres of boot space which can be increased to a massive 1,336 litres by folding the rear seat.
Alan Batey, president, General Motors North America and Global Chevrolet said, "With nine percent market growth in small hatchbacks last year, it's the perfect time to bring the Cruze hatch to America. As Cruze continues to set the tone for Chevrolet globally, it articulates the brand promise of offering cars with the latest technologies, more features and greater efficiency, performance and safety with fresh, distinctive styling."
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased