2017 Chevrolet Cruze hatchback unveiled
Chevrolet has officially unveiled the 2017 Cruze hatchback which will go on sale in the US sometime around August this year. Based on the same D2XX platform as the Chevrolet Cruze sedan, the hatchback version gets an identical 2700mm wheelbase. The difference is mainly on the styling front with the Cruze hatchback sporting a sloping roofline with an integrated spoiler and wraparound tail lamps. According to Chevrolet, the all-new Cruze hatchback is 91kg lighter than the previous-generation car. The all-new Chevrolet Cruze hatchback will be offered in two LT and Premier trims, with an optional RS package, that offers unique front and rear fascias and rocker panels.
The Chevrolet Cruze hatchback will be powered by a 1.4-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine. In terms of key features, it will come equipped with leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Chevrolet's MyLink radio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. On the safety front, it will get Lane Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Parking Assist. It offers 524 litres of boot space which can be increased to a massive 1,336 litres by folding the rear seat.
Alan Batey, president, General Motors North America and Global Chevrolet said, "With nine percent market growth in small hatchbacks last year, it's the perfect time to bring the Cruze hatch to America. As Cruze continues to set the tone for Chevrolet globally, it articulates the brand promise of offering cars with the latest technologies, more features and greater efficiency, performance and safety with fresh, distinctive styling."
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907