2017 Dakshin Dare: Samrat Yadav leads after Leg 1
The first day of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare ended with competitors traversing through slush and muck in Chitradurga. The competition was stiff over the course of the 463km, that began in Bengaluru and ended in Chitradurga.
It was Team Maruti Suzuki's Samrat Yadav and SN Nizami who moved into the lead of the event after the first leg, clocking a time of 02hr 46.35min. The second spot went to Sandeep Sharma and Karan Arya who clocked a time of 02hr 45.26min. While Team Maruti's Suresh Rana and Ashwin Naik ended the day third.
Pleased with his lead in the event Samrat Yadav said, "Our lead has only motivated and encouraged us to give it our all and we hope to convert this lead into a victory. The energy in all the motor enthusiasts is contagious and we look forward to completing the rally successfully."
In the Ultimate bikes category, Sanjay Kumar leads the way, having covered the distance in 01hr 50.08min, followed by TVS Racing's R Nataraj and Abdul Wahid Tanveer in second and third positions.
The endurance category (run in the TSD format) saw Subir Roy and Nirav Mehta lead the rally, followed by Raghu Nandan and M Prakash who ended the day in second position.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden