2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre launched in India at Rs 3.57 lakh
Japanese car manufacturer Datsun has launched the more powerful version of the redi-Go hatch in India. The 2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre has been priced at Rs 3.57 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and is available in two variants -- T(O) and S. The update comes exactly after a year since the redi-Go 800 was launched in the country.
The 2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre makes use of a 1.0 i-SAT (Intelligent Spark Automated Technology) motor. This unit makes 68PS (up from 55PS in the 800cc redi-Go) and 91Nm at 4,200rpm.This engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and delivers an ARAI-claimed fuel efficiency of 22.5kmpl. This is the same motor that does duty on the Renault Kwid in the same state of tune. We have already sampled the 2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre and here are initial impressions on the newly launched hatchback.
Similar to the Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre, Datsun too has not fiddled with the design of the redi-Go 1.0-litre. The styling is based on Datsun's Yukan theme which means brave and bold in Japanese. One of the highlights of the design of the redi-Go is a tall ground clearance of 185mm, which is greater than that of the Alto 800 (160mm), Eon (170mm) and even the Renault Kwid (180mm). The redi-Go measures 3,429mm in length, 1,560mm in width and 1,541mm in height which makes the redi-Go shorter by 66mm, wider by 10mm and taller by 41mm than the Hyundai Eon.
Inside too, the 2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre carries the same lines and patterns that the 800cc model gets. However, there is a slight revision in the colour of the trims which in case of 1.0-litre is all-black upholstery. The feature list of the 2017 Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre includes remote key, USB/Aux-in connectivity and speed sensitive electric power steering. In terms of safety, only the S variant comes equipped with driver-side airbag. The T(O) also misses on the DRLs which come as standard on the S variant.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled