2017 Detroit Motor Show: Mercedes-Benz GLA facelift teased
Mercedes-Benz has teased the upcoming GLA facelift ahead of its NAIAS debut on January 9, 2017. The GLA is based on the A-Class and is a compact SUV which battles it out with the BMW X1 and Audi Q3. The car will make it to our shores some time after its global unveil.
The teaser shows the front-end of the Mercedes-Benz GLA facelift. The bulge on the hood is now more pronounced and it reminds one of the GLE. The headlamps look more pronounced now and appear to be bigger as well. The grille looks bigger too and also gets twin black slats. On the new list is also the front bumpers which now house fog lamps. Expect Mercedes-Benz to release more teaser images before the car is unveiled this 9th.
The GLA was always criticised for looking more like a hopped-up hatchback than a conventional SUV like the Q3 and the X1. The facelift is expected to look more like a conventional SUV with a more prominent ride height. The interior was also too bland for a Mercedes and this is also expected to be remedied with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto being part of the standard infotainment system. Whether the infotainment system will be a touchscreen unit or not, remains to be seen.
Mercedes is likely to retain the current crop of engines for the GLA facelift. These engines though are expected to have improved fuel economy numbers as well as slightly more power.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.4 Lakhs
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced