2017 Detroit Motor Show: Mercedes-Benz GLA facelift teased
Mercedes-Benz has teased the upcoming GLA facelift ahead of its NAIAS debut on January 9, 2017. The GLA is based on the A-Class and is a compact SUV which battles it out with the BMW X1 and Audi Q3. The car will make it to our shores some time after its global unveil.
The teaser shows the front-end of the Mercedes-Benz GLA facelift. The bulge on the hood is now more pronounced and it reminds one of the GLE. The headlamps look more pronounced now and appear to be bigger as well. The grille looks bigger too and also gets twin black slats. On the new list is also the front bumpers which now house fog lamps. Expect Mercedes-Benz to release more teaser images before the car is unveiled this 9th.
The GLA was always criticised for looking more like a hopped-up hatchback than a conventional SUV like the Q3 and the X1. The facelift is expected to look more like a conventional SUV with a more prominent ride height. The interior was also too bland for a Mercedes and this is also expected to be remedied with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto being part of the standard infotainment system. Whether the infotainment system will be a touchscreen unit or not, remains to be seen.
Mercedes is likely to retain the current crop of engines for the GLA facelift. These engines though are expected to have improved fuel economy numbers as well as slightly more power.
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip