2017 Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S launched in India at Rs 12.08 lakh and Rs 13.39 lakh respectively
Ducati has launched the SuperSport and SuperSport S in India at Rs 12.08 lakh and Rs 13.39 lakh, ex-showroom respectively. The Ducati SuperSport S priced at Rs 13.60 lakh, ex-showroom India will be available from November 2017. The SuperSport thus spawns a new segment of friendlier, easier to ride sportsbikes than traditional supersport machines. The idea is to offer a blend of track usability without compromising on everyday practicality. Powertrains on the two bikes are identical as both are powered by Ducati's 937cc, Testastretta 11 L-twin liquid-cooled engine that also performs duty in the Hypermotard 939 and Multistrada 950 currently. The engine produces 113PS and 95Nm and comes mated to a six-speed transmission.
The Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S are meant to be friendly, easy to ride sportsbikes and come powered by the same engine as the Hypermotard 939
The SuperSport S gets better equipment in the form of Ducati's Quick Shift mechanism and higher-specced 48mm Ohlins upside-down front forks at the front and an Ohlins monoshock at the rear. The standard SuperSport uses 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks and a Sachs monoshock, though both bikes get a gorgeous looking single-sided aluminium swingarm. Both bikes comes equipped with twin 320mm dual discs upfront and a single 245mm disc at the rear, and ABS is standard.
The SuperSport was adjudged the most beautiful bike at the 2016 Milan Motor Show and gets a very distinctive looking front end thanks to the design of its all-LED headlights. What's more, given that the bike promises everyday practicality as well, the riding position is more upright and is not as committed as supersport machines. Deliveries for the two bikes will begin from today onwards.
Starts Rs 12,04,000
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign