2017 Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S launching in India tomorrow
Ducati India will be launching its newest sportsbike, the SuperSport in India tomorrow, along with its sportier version, the SuperSport S. The SuperSport broke cover at the Milan Motor Show last year, where it was also adjudged the most beautiful motorcycle. The SuperSport is positioned as a sportsbike that's not as hardcore or as cumbersome to ride as traditional supersport bikes, particularly outside of the racetrack and is meant for riders looking for everyday practicality and sport riding as well. It comes powered by Ducati's 937cc, Testastretta 11 L-twin liquid-cooled engine that produces 113PS and 95Nm of torque, which is the saame motor that also performs duty in the Hypermotard 939.
The Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S are meant to be friendly, easy to ride sportsbikes and come powered by the same engine as the Hypermotard 939
The engines comes mated to a six-speed transmission on both bikes and while both motorcycles are identical on the powertrain front, the SuperSport S also gets Ducati's Quick Shift mechanism. The SuperSport S also gets higher-specced 48mm Ohlins upside-down front forks and an Ohlins monoshock over the SuperSport's 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks and Sachs monoshock. Common to both is a single-sided aluminium swingarm that adds to the bike's gorgeous design. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 320mm dual discs upfront and a single 245mm disc at the rear, and ABS is standard. The SuperSport weighs in at 184kg dry, about 8kg more than the sportier, far more powerful and aggressive 959 Panigale.
The Ducati SuperSport S gets higher-spec Ohlins suspension at both ends
The SuperSport looks very distinctive thanks to its headlamp design that is shaped to resemble the letter X, and the headlights are all-LED units. The riding position isn't as committed as conventional supersport bikes as the clip-on handlebars are set taller while the footpegs are not rear set as aggressively. Bookings for the SuperSport and SuperSport S are on already and we believe the bikes will be priced at about Rs 11 lakh and Rs 12 lakh respectively.
The Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S use an all-digital, colour dash
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids