2017 Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S launching in India tomorrow
Ducati India will be launching its newest sportsbike, the SuperSport in India tomorrow, along with its sportier version, the SuperSport S. The SuperSport broke cover at the Milan Motor Show last year, where it was also adjudged the most beautiful motorcycle. The SuperSport is positioned as a sportsbike that's not as hardcore or as cumbersome to ride as traditional supersport bikes, particularly outside of the racetrack and is meant for riders looking for everyday practicality and sport riding as well. It comes powered by Ducati's 937cc, Testastretta 11 L-twin liquid-cooled engine that produces 113PS and 95Nm of torque, which is the saame motor that also performs duty in the Hypermotard 939.
The Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S are meant to be friendly, easy to ride sportsbikes and come powered by the same engine as the Hypermotard 939
The engines comes mated to a six-speed transmission on both bikes and while both motorcycles are identical on the powertrain front, the SuperSport S also gets Ducati's Quick Shift mechanism. The SuperSport S also gets higher-specced 48mm Ohlins upside-down front forks and an Ohlins monoshock over the SuperSport's 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks and Sachs monoshock. Common to both is a single-sided aluminium swingarm that adds to the bike's gorgeous design. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 320mm dual discs upfront and a single 245mm disc at the rear, and ABS is standard. The SuperSport weighs in at 184kg dry, about 8kg more than the sportier, far more powerful and aggressive 959 Panigale.
The Ducati SuperSport S gets higher-spec Ohlins suspension at both ends
The SuperSport looks very distinctive thanks to its headlamp design that is shaped to resemble the letter X, and the headlights are all-LED units. The riding position isn't as committed as conventional supersport bikes as the clip-on handlebars are set taller while the footpegs are not rear set as aggressively. Bookings for the SuperSport and SuperSport S are on already and we believe the bikes will be priced at about Rs 11 lakh and Rs 12 lakh respectively.
The Ducati SuperSport and SuperSport S use an all-digital, colour dash
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show