2017 Ducati Supersport and Supersport S to be launched in India on September 22
Ducati will be launching the 2017 Supersport range in India on September 22, 2017. Both the standard Supersport as well as the Supersport S variants of the bike will be on offer. At the World Ducati Week in 2016, Ducati had hinted that it will bring the Supersport to India in 2017.
The bikes are powered by Ducati's Testastretta 11 L-twin 937cc liquid-cooled engine which produces 113PS of power at 9,000rpm and 95Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. Both the variants come with 6-speed transmission but the Supersport S gets an added benefit of inclusion of the Ducati Quick Shift mechanism.
The Ducati Testastretta 11 L-twin produces 113PS/95Nm
The Supersport S gets a more advanced Ohlins suspension
The Ducati Supersport gets fully adjustable 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks at the front and an adjustable Sachs monoshock at the rear. The sportier Ducati Supersport S gets 48mm Ohlins upside-down forks with adjustable Ohlins monoshock at the back. Both bikes get an aluminium single-sided swingarm.
The Supersport gets LED DRLs with an adjustable windscreen
Braking at the front for both the Supersport siblings comes from 320mm twin discs. The rear brake is a single 245mm disc operated by a 2-piston caliper. ABS is standard on both the variants. At 184kg, the Supersport and Supersport S have a power-to-weight ration of 614.13PS per tonne.
The Supersport has an all-digital LCD instrument cluster, that it shares with the Monster
Pre-bookings for the Ducati Supersport range have begun across all Ducati showrooms for a booking amount of Rs 1 lakh. Ducati has not disclosed the price yet but we believe the Supersport might start at Rs 11 lakh ex-showroom with the Supersport S placed around Rs 12 lakh. Deliveries will start immediately.
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9