2017 Ducati Supersport and Supersport S to be launched in India on September 22
Ducati will be launching the 2017 Supersport range in India on September 22, 2017. Both the standard Supersport as well as the Supersport S variants of the bike will be on offer. At the World Ducati Week in 2016, Ducati had hinted that it will bring the Supersport to India in 2017.
The bikes are powered by Ducati's Testastretta 11 L-twin 937cc liquid-cooled engine which produces 113PS of power at 9,000rpm and 95Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. Both the variants come with 6-speed transmission but the Supersport S gets an added benefit of inclusion of the Ducati Quick Shift mechanism.
The Ducati Testastretta 11 L-twin produces 113PS/95Nm
The Supersport S gets a more advanced Ohlins suspension
The Ducati Supersport gets fully adjustable 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks at the front and an adjustable Sachs monoshock at the rear. The sportier Ducati Supersport S gets 48mm Ohlins upside-down forks with adjustable Ohlins monoshock at the back. Both bikes get an aluminium single-sided swingarm.
The Supersport gets LED DRLs with an adjustable windscreen
Braking at the front for both the Supersport siblings comes from 320mm twin discs. The rear brake is a single 245mm disc operated by a 2-piston caliper. ABS is standard on both the variants. At 184kg, the Supersport and Supersport S have a power-to-weight ration of 614.13PS per tonne.
The Supersport has an all-digital LCD instrument cluster, that it shares with the Monster
Pre-bookings for the Ducati Supersport range have begun across all Ducati showrooms for a booking amount of Rs 1 lakh. Ducati has not disclosed the price yet but we believe the Supersport might start at Rs 11 lakh ex-showroom with the Supersport S placed around Rs 12 lakh. Deliveries will start immediately.
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 -24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X