2017 Ducati Supersport and Supersport S to be launched in India on September 22
Ducati will be launching the 2017 Supersport range in India on September 22, 2017. Both the standard Supersport as well as the Supersport S variants of the bike will be on offer. At the World Ducati Week in 2016, Ducati had hinted that it will bring the Supersport to India in 2017.
The bikes are powered by Ducati's Testastretta 11 L-twin 937cc liquid-cooled engine which produces 113PS of power at 9,000rpm and 95Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. Both the variants come with 6-speed transmission but the Supersport S gets an added benefit of inclusion of the Ducati Quick Shift mechanism.
The Ducati Testastretta 11 L-twin produces 113PS/95Nm
The Supersport S gets a more advanced Ohlins suspension
The Ducati Supersport gets fully adjustable 43mm Marzocchi upside-down forks at the front and an adjustable Sachs monoshock at the rear. The sportier Ducati Supersport S gets 48mm Ohlins upside-down forks with adjustable Ohlins monoshock at the back. Both bikes get an aluminium single-sided swingarm.
The Supersport gets LED DRLs with an adjustable windscreen
Braking at the front for both the Supersport siblings comes from 320mm twin discs. The rear brake is a single 245mm disc operated by a 2-piston caliper. ABS is standard on both the variants. At 184kg, the Supersport and Supersport S have a power-to-weight ration of 614.13PS per tonne.
The Supersport has an all-digital LCD instrument cluster, that it shares with the Monster
Pre-bookings for the Ducati Supersport range have begun across all Ducati showrooms for a booking amount of Rs 1 lakh. Ducati has not disclosed the price yet but we believe the Supersport might start at Rs 11 lakh ex-showroom with the Supersport S placed around Rs 12 lakh. Deliveries will start immediately.
Starts Rs 10,69,000
Starts Rs 12,14,550
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6