2017 E-Class concept to showcase Mercedes-Benz's next-gen technologies
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class concept will be packed with all sorts of technological goodies a lot of them are aimed at adding that luxurious 'Merc' touch and a lot of them at trying to keep you alive in the event of an accident. Mercedes' have always been known to be one of the safest cars around, but this time the car manufacturer has taken it one step further.
The new E-Class will use a system referred to by Mercedes-Benz as Pre-Safe Sound and is said to reduce hearing damage in case you crash the car. This system initiates a reflex known as the Acoustic or Stapedius Reflex, which contracts certain muscles inside the ear in response to a loud noise.
Along with this safety feature, the E-Class will support adaptive steering which assists the driver while evading dangerous obstacles, rear seatbelt airbags and Mercedes' Multibeam adaptive LED light system. It is also said to be offered with active emergency braking for cross-traffic and an air-bladder that pushes the passengers in the front to the centre of the car in case a collision from the side is detected.
In order to cater to the tech savvy customers, the E-Class will offer an array of features using Near Field Communication (NFC) that permits the use of a smart phone as a key fob to unlock or park your car and also Vehicle-to-X communication that enables communication with other cars that support this feature.
More from OVERDRIVE on Mercedes-Benz safety tech:
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review