2017 FIA F3 European Championship: Jehan Daruvala claims pole at Monza
Jehan Daruvala took pole position at the second round of the 2017 FIA Formula 3 European Championship at Monza. In doing so, he became the first Indian to score pole in this particular series. 18-year-old Jehan's pole also comes 16 years after the last Indian, Narain Karthikeyan, managed to score pole in an F3 series. Karthikeyan had claimed pole at the erstwhile British F3 Championship's Macau round.
Jehan Daruvala claimed pole for Race 1 of Round 2 of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship at Monza
Jehan took pole with a time of 1min 44.105sec, which was three-hundredths of a second faster than the time of his team-mate from Carlin, Lando Norris. The top three drivers were separated by a tenth of a second, and the top six drivers were within half a second of each other.
Jehan began his weekend well, sixth and third in the two practice sessions. He begins Race 1 on pole. An additional qualifying session after Race 1 will decide the grid positions for Races 2 and 3.
"I like this track a lot. This is where I had my first pole in the Formula Renault. The car felt good and we made a few changes after practice which worked well. Importantly I got a good slipstream and also ensured that I took no risks, once I saw I had a good time on my last lap" said Jehan.
He will be hoping to improve on his performance, scoring actual podiums at Monza, after he managed two rookie podiums at the season-opening race at Silverstone.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far