2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: 2018 Audi RS 4 Avant station wagon with 456PS revealed
German carmaker Audi has given us the 2018 Audi RS 4 Avant station wagon ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. With a bi-turbo, V6 petrol engine shared with the Audi RS 5 Coupe which produces 456PS, the 2018 Audi RS 4 Avant is perfect for soccer moms who are always running late or executives who love to take high-octane weekend joy rides accompanied by their family and dogs screaming in the back of the car. The Nogaro Blue colour on the 2018 Audi RS 4 station wagon is a throwback to the electric blue of the original Audi RS 4 Avant introduced in the 1990s, which was developed in conjunction with sister company Porsche. The new Audi RS 4 Avant will be priced at approximately Rs 60.78 lakh when it is launched across Europe. With a wider body, 19-inch wheels, and 80-kg weight loss from the previous Audi RS 4 Avant, this station wagon will hit a limited top speed of 250kmph, and an optional de-restricted RS Dynamic Package will take this number to 280kmph. Despite this blistering performance, the 2018 Audi RS 4 Avant still delivers surprising fuel efficiency of 11.35kmpl (company claimed).
2018 Audi RS 4 Avant shares its 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engine with the Audi RS 5 Coupe
The 2.9-litre twin-turbocharged V6 TFSI petrol engine of the Audi RS 4 Avant produces 599Nm available on a wide torque band between 1,900rpm and 5,000rpm. This is mated to a ZF-sourced eight-speed Audi claims that some details of the RS 4 Avant have been designed keeping the 90 IMSA GTO Quattro in mind. The RS 4 Avant's body is 1.2 inches wider with blistered arches for a squat stance and better stability at high speed. The 19-inch wheels can also be given up in favour of 20-inchers if rolling on 'dubs' is something that suits your needs. In addition, the Avant gets a rear diffuser, and roof spoiler. Inside, the cabin is a nearly and all-black affair with RS badges incorporated into trim and gauges. Breaking the monotony are carbon trim and contrasting aluminium finish elements.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market