2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: BMW i Vision Dynamics concept unveiled
After Mercedes-Benz and other manufacturers announced and showcased their luxury electric car concepts at the International Motor Show in Germany, BMW also has unveiled its i Vision Dynamics concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017. By 2025, BMW claims to have at least 25 electric vehicles, 12 of which will be pure electrics on the road. The BMW i Vision Dynamics concept is a four-door Gran Coupe and is part of the company's Next 100 vision vehicles.
The BMW i Vision Dynamics concept has a smooth and flowing form. We believe it will have a very low drag coefficient too
One look at the BMW i Vision Dynamics concept and you will know that this is an electric car. There is no grille to speak of and even the fabled kidney architecture at the front goes without any vents. The front and rear overhangs are short while the hood is long. The entire design resembles that of a coupe but BMW says that the car will have ample head room for passengers. The roof is made of glass and BMW says that this will exhilarate the driving experience.
The BMW i Vision Dynamics' rear design is likely to be toned down once the model hits production. We though like what we see now
One look and you know that the BMW i Vision Dynamics is an electric car because there are no vents in the grille
The BMW i Vision Dynamics concept is said to race from 0-100kmph in four seconds, have a top speed in excess of 200kmph and a claimed range of 600km. BMW haven't released any information on what kind of electric motors will power the car or even about the batteries. When will we see the i Vision Dynamics concept as a production model? Most likely in 2019.
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US