2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Kia Proceed shooting brake concept car showcased
Korean carmaker Kia Motors has showcased the Kia Proceed concept car at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The shooting brake design of the Kia Proceed shows the way forward for the design language that Kia cars, including those coming to India, could be based on. Kia officials told OVERDRIVE at the 67th International Motor Show, Germany that its first car to come to India in 2019 could be a sub-4m compact SUV, like the Kia Stonic. The Kia Proceed concept car designed by Kia's design centre in Frankfurt has an extended hot hatch format and looks super sleek from any angle you see it. The Kia Proceed could dictate the design for future versions of the Kia Cee'd and Kia Pro cee'd hatchback and sedan. Being a concept car, the Kia Proceed also showcases some of the future technology and innovations that the Korean company is researching. These include the glowing window trim that outlines the window shape, an array of scents that can provide fragrance to the user's liking, and The windows have no B-pillars, with only a shark fin-style element to further accentuate this.
Kia Proceed concept car's shooting brake design shows the direction of future cars from the Korean carmaker.
The bespoke Lava Red paint finish on the Kia Proceed concept has been achieved with 90 layers of black, chrome silver, and red lacquer. The concept's glass appears to be a single piece starting from the windshield to the back of the roof. There is subtle 'GT' lettering on the trademark front grille, and the shark fin faux window pillars, to suggest that this shooting brake could also be brought into production as a grand touring station wagon. Inside, the Lava Red paint continues to dominate the majority of the interior, with black trim and knurled aluminium elements. However, breaking the luxury norm, there is no leather trim as the seats feature a rippled cloth fabric, and the doors feature a black satin fabric trim. Further, Kia designers have fit the Proceed concept with three cannisters of spray that give the fragrance of premium leather, a classic car in a garage, and that of a high-octane fuel to suit the taste of the driver.
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- FeaturesProduct review: Shima RS-1 gloves
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch