2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Lamborghini Urus global debut in December, will do over 300kmph
Lamborghini Urus, being called a Super SUV by Italian exotic car maker Lamborghini, is set to make it global debut on December 4, 2017. Before that, Lamborghini research and development chief Maurizio Reggiani said at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show that they are aiming for the Lamborghini Urus to be the fastest SUV around the Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit. "Our (Lamborghini Urus) SUV will achieve more than 300kmph because it's a Lamborghini. It's our DNA," he said. If it achieves this, the Lamborghini Urus will trump the Bentley Bentayga which is currently the SUV with the highest top speed of 300kmph and 0 to 100kmph time of 4.0 seconds. The Lamborghini Urus is based on parent company Audi's MLB Evo platform which already underpins the Audi Q7, the Porsche Cayenne including the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and the Bentley Bentayga. The Lamborghini Urus will come powered by the same 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine from the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, but will reportedly have at least 100PS more than the latter with 659PS. It was also reported that the Lamborghini Urus will come powered by a plug-in hybrid.
Lamborghini Urus will come powered by a 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine producing 659PS
The Lamborghini only has competition from its extended family, as its other target is held by the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S which currently has the fastest time for SUVs at the Nurburgring with 7:59:74. "Urus is really the future of Lamborghini with all the DNA of Huracan, Aventador, LM002," said Reggiani. Lamborghini has identified the USA, China, West Asia, United Kingdom, Germany, and Russia as its principal markets for the Urus. It is hoping to sell around 3,000 units a year, twice the company's current sales figures.The Lamborghini Urus will be manufactured at the company's Sant'Agata plant in Italy with deliveries expected to begin in 2018.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Day 3 of Round 2 sees Ashwin Datta and Arjun Balu remain dominant
- OpinionIs Formula E going to Saudi Arabia as good an idea as they want us to believe?
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 25 - July 1
- NewsBridgestone tyres to be OEM supplier for new-gen BMW X3 SUV sold globally
- NewsNew-gen Toyota Century flagship sedan details revealed
- NewsFCA unveils Fiat Panda Waze in association with the navigation app maker
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body