2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Land Rover Discovery SVX ultimate off-roader revealed
Jaguar Land Rover has just shown us its scary side with the Land Rover Discovery SVX SUV ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The Land Rover Discovery SVX has been developed by Jaguar Land Rover's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) department to be the ultimate off-road SUV and was one of the stars of the International Motor Show in Germany. The Land Rover Discovery SVX gets lifted suspension for better ground clearance, large 275/55 Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain tyres sitting on 20-inch wheels. The Land Rover Discovery SVX comes powered with a 5-litre supercharged V8 engine producing 525PS / 625Nm, enough to decimate a few mountains on your Sunday morning drive. While the Land Rover Discovery SVX is being called a production preview, reports suggest the SUV may become the first to be hand-assembled at the company's SVO technical centre in the UK, sometime in 2018.
Land Rover Discovery SVX comes powered by a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 producing 525PS / 625Nm
The Land Rover Discovery SVX's V8 motor comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with a two-speed transfer case. The Pistol Shifter that on the Discovery SVX is ideal for gear shifts while off-roading, the company claims. To keep things in check, the Land Rover Discovery SVX gets Hydraulic Active Roll Control for increased traction while reducing body roll. The aluminium monocoque has been raised using long travel dampers, and new knuckles, which improves approach, departure, and breakover angles on the Discovery SVX. The high-vis orange accents on the tow-hooks, bumpers, wheels, as well as the interior, will prove useful when you take the Discovery SVX out for a mud bath or to locate it in the woods. The updated Terrain Response 2.0 system will come in handy to tackle different surface situations.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar