2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Land Rover Discovery SVX ultimate off-roader revealed
Jaguar Land Rover has just shown us its scary side with the Land Rover Discovery SVX SUV ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The Land Rover Discovery SVX has been developed by Jaguar Land Rover's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) department to be the ultimate off-road SUV and was one of the stars of the International Motor Show in Germany. The Land Rover Discovery SVX gets lifted suspension for better ground clearance, large 275/55 Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain tyres sitting on 20-inch wheels. The Land Rover Discovery SVX comes powered with a 5-litre supercharged V8 engine producing 525PS / 625Nm, enough to decimate a few mountains on your Sunday morning drive. While the Land Rover Discovery SVX is being called a production preview, reports suggest the SUV may become the first to be hand-assembled at the company's SVO technical centre in the UK, sometime in 2018.
Land Rover Discovery SVX comes powered by a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 producing 525PS / 625Nm
The Land Rover Discovery SVX's V8 motor comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with a two-speed transfer case. The Pistol Shifter that on the Discovery SVX is ideal for gear shifts while off-roading, the company claims. To keep things in check, the Land Rover Discovery SVX gets Hydraulic Active Roll Control for increased traction while reducing body roll. The aluminium monocoque has been raised using long travel dampers, and new knuckles, which improves approach, departure, and breakover angles on the Discovery SVX. The high-vis orange accents on the tow-hooks, bumpers, wheels, as well as the interior, will prove useful when you take the Discovery SVX out for a mud bath or to locate it in the woods. The updated Terrain Response 2.0 system will come in handy to tackle different surface situations.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000