2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Mercedes Benz Concept EQA comes to light
German automaker Mercedes-Benz previewed the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA all-electric two-door hatchback ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA is the first compact all-electric car by Mercedes-Benz and is based on the platform of the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQ showcased at Paris Auto Show 2016, when the EQ sub-brand was introduced. At the International Motor Show in Germany, it became clear that Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA features two electric motors - one each at front and back - giving the concept car permanent all-wheel drive. These two motors combine to produce 271PS / 498Nm. The plentiful torque will propel this hatchback to 100kmph in under five seconds. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA motors are powered by a lithium-ion battery with modular pouch cells that produce a model-specific output of 60 kWh and can be increased to 200kWh. The battery will give it a range of 400km, and rapid charging it for 10 minutes will let the electric vehicle drive for 100km. While the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA previews a future production car, it will follow the release of the larger crossover-style Mercedes-Benz Concept EQC, which is slated for production in 2019.
Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA gets a 400-km range and rapid charge of 10 minutes will let it drive for 100km
In the styling department, the standout feature of the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA is the front black panel which lights up in different colours as a virtual radiator grille. The Concept EQA has much smoother lines than the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQC.While the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA has been showcased as a two-door hatchback, it could be offered in four-door variants as well. It measures 4,282x1,811x1,427mm (LxWxH) with a 2.72-metre wheelbase. Mercedes-Benz is currently aiming to have more than ten all-electric vehicles in production by 2022.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000