2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Mercedes Benz Concept EQA comes to light
German automaker Mercedes-Benz previewed the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA all-electric two-door hatchback ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA is the first compact all-electric car by Mercedes-Benz and is based on the platform of the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQ showcased at Paris Auto Show 2016, when the EQ sub-brand was introduced. At the International Motor Show in Germany, it became clear that Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA features two electric motors - one each at front and back - giving the concept car permanent all-wheel drive. These two motors combine to produce 271PS / 498Nm. The plentiful torque will propel this hatchback to 100kmph in under five seconds. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA motors are powered by a lithium-ion battery with modular pouch cells that produce a model-specific output of 60 kWh and can be increased to 200kWh. The battery will give it a range of 400km, and rapid charging it for 10 minutes will let the electric vehicle drive for 100km. While the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA previews a future production car, it will follow the release of the larger crossover-style Mercedes-Benz Concept EQC, which is slated for production in 2019.
Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA gets a 400-km range and rapid charge of 10 minutes will let it drive for 100km
In the styling department, the standout feature of the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA is the front black panel which lights up in different colours as a virtual radiator grille. The Concept EQA has much smoother lines than the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQC.While the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA has been showcased as a two-door hatchback, it could be offered in four-door variants as well. It measures 4,282x1,811x1,427mm (LxWxH) with a 2.72-metre wheelbase. Mercedes-Benz is currently aiming to have more than ten all-electric vehicles in production by 2022.
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh