2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Mercedes-Benz GLC F-Cell hydrogen car, S-class Coupe and Cabriolet coming
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz is bringing the Mercedes-Benz GLC F-Cell SUV, the first production plug-in hydrogen-powered car, as well as its updated 2018 S-Class Coupe and 2018 S-Class Cabriolet models to the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show which is the popular name for the International Motor Show in Germany. The Mercedes-Benz GLC F-Cell gets a hydrogen fuel cell as well as a large lithium-ion battery that the company claims will give the SUV a combined driving range of close to 500km. The hydrogen fuel tank can refilled in three minutes once empty. The 9 kWh lithium-ion battery is mounted towards the rear of the GLC F-Cell as an additional power source and the Mercedes-Benz GLC F-Cell manages around 50km of battery-only driving. Mercedes-Benz states that the fuel cells fit into the engine compartment, being 30 per cent smaller than any previous version.
Introduced in 1994 as the NECAR 1, Daimler's fleet of fuel-cell vehicles has so far covered more than 18 million km in tests in various versions. Just the Mercedes-Benz GLC F-Cell has undergone 200 tests since its development and in the process has emitted 1,800 tons of water vapour as its only waste product. If you wish to get your hands on one, however, Mercedes had earlier stated that the production version of the F-Cell would go on sale initially in Germany, Japan and the US in 2017, then in the UK in 2018. Meanwhile moving from the frugal and eco-friendly to the tyre scorchers, Mercedes-Benz is also bringing its updated 2018 S-Class Coupe as well as Cabriolet in the S560, S63 AMG, and S65 AMG guises to the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. We have already previewed these models here.
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000