2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package - Image gallery
The Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package has been revealed ahead of the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package caters to the demand of purists for a Porsche 911 GT3 without the rear wing. And we would not disagree with them, as the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package has a derriere that harkens back to Porsches of yore. Porsche had similarly launched the Porsche 911 R in 2016, but it was too expensive and too rare with only 991 units made. Being on an open-ended production with no limit on numbers, the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package will be more affordable at approximately Rs 92.84 lakh in Europe and easily available than the 911 R.The rear wing from the 911 Porsche GT3 makes way for an auto-deploying spoiler on the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package, while the car shares all its mechanicals with the former.
Here's a look at the sleeper beauty from Stuttgart:
The name Touring Package harkens back to a variant of the 911 RS from 1973, reflecting the inspiration for this modern Porsche.
The body of the Porsche 911 GT3 with the Touring Package reminds one of the classic Porsche shape, and it gets forged centre-lock alloy wheels.
Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package retains the 4-litre flat-six naturally-aspirated engine of the 911 GT3 which produces 500PS / 459.6Nm, with a 315kmph top speed.
The automatically-extending rear spoiler is tucked away when not in use. It has a Gurney Flap on the spoiler lip, and a GT3 Touring logo on the grille above it.
In line with the character of a GT car, leather is prevalent in the interior of the 911 GT# Touring Package rather than Alcantara, which is used in other GT3 models.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept