2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Renault Symbioz autonomous EV concept car has French Kiss mode
French carmaker Renault has showcased the Renault Symbioz connected autonomous electric vehicle concept car. The Renault Symbioz EV showcases the vision of Renault for connected mobility for the year 2030. The Renault Symbioz also features a French Kiss autonomous mode for 'non-driving activities', something only the French automaker could have pulled off! The Renault Symbioz has been showcased alongside a concept house designed by Renault to show the capabilities and connected nature of the EV. According to the company, the Renault Symbioz EV integrates itself into the driver's home, when not being driven. Renault says that the Symbioz will be an extended living room for the user. The Renault Symbioz EV features a 72 kWh battery which produces 670PS / 660Nm with a substantial range of 500km per charge and reaches 100kmph in under six seconds. Not only this, the Renault Symbioz can charge itself to 80 per cent in just 20 minutes. Renault says that while parts of the Renault Symbioz EV concept will begin to be used in production cars starting from 2018, a prototype of the system will be ready by 2023 with production slated for 2030.
The four-door with as many seats has unique styling. The Symbioz EV has suicide doors with the glass part folding up outwards. To integrate itself to the user's house, the Renault Symbioz EV concept wirelessly connects to the house and functions as a small extra room. The car syncs with the owner's calendar and decides to conserve power by not drawing electricity to charge when no major usage is scheduled. It will also return its charge to the electricity of the house, serving as a backup power supply. Using Internet of Things apps, the owner can also control other appliances and devices at home from the Renault Symbioz EV.
Coming to the driving modes, there are three to choose from - Classic which is akin to the regular driving style of current cars, Dynamic which is a more compact hatchback style mode, and AD which is fully autonomous driving. Within AD mode are three interior layouts - Alone@home, Relax, and French Kiss. The last layout changes the driver's seating to move closer to the passenger for the aforementioned 'non-driving activities'. The Renault Symbioz EV measures 4.7mx1.98mx1.38m (lxbxh).
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty