2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 557PS twin-turbo V8 unveiled
Porsche has showcased its 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo flagship SUV at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show along with the new 2018 Porsche Cayenne line-up. The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the German performance car maker's new top-range SUV and comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 557PS / 770Nm. The new 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets a bunch of upgrades from an active aerodynamics package to new interior and better brakes. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo with major upgrades to the previous-generation model will be available in June 2018, with price and other details to be revealed soon. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo SUV sports 21-inch 'Turbo' wheels fitted with larger 315/35 section tyres. To check the body roll, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets electronic roll stabilisation and self-levelling three-chamber air suspension with active shock absorber system. For more car-like dynamics in the bulky Porsche Cayenne Turbo has rear-axle steering and surface coated brakes, with the option of ceramic composite brakes. Porsche has also revealed a more purist-friendly 911 GT3 Touring Package at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo will be launched in June 2018
The underpinning chassis has also been reworked, but Porsche did not reveal how much lighter it is from Cayenne Turbo's predecessor. The combined effort of these new features takes the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo to 100kmph in a supercar-like 4.1 seconds and onwards to a top whack of 286kmph. The redesigned engine now more compact and sits lower aiding better centre of gravity, offering better control. The interior has been tweaked as well. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit brings with it a new touchscreen infotainment system connected to a 710-watt BOSE surround sound experience to drown out the exterior noise. But with a V8 rumbling through the twin pipes, would you really want to hear something else? The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is now in its third generation and looks like it will continue to hold its own with the upcoming version.
Starts Rs 98.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh