2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 557PS twin-turbo V8 unveiled
Porsche has showcased its 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo flagship SUV at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show along with the new 2018 Porsche Cayenne line-up. The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the German performance car maker's new top-range SUV and comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 557PS / 770Nm. The new 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets a bunch of upgrades from an active aerodynamics package to new interior and better brakes. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo with major upgrades to the previous-generation model will be available in June 2018, with price and other details to be revealed soon. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo SUV sports 21-inch 'Turbo' wheels fitted with larger 315/35 section tyres. To check the body roll, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets electronic roll stabilisation and self-levelling three-chamber air suspension with active shock absorber system. For more car-like dynamics in the bulky Porsche Cayenne Turbo has rear-axle steering and surface coated brakes, with the option of ceramic composite brakes. Porsche has also revealed a more purist-friendly 911 GT3 Touring Package at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo will be launched in June 2018
The underpinning chassis has also been reworked, but Porsche did not reveal how much lighter it is from Cayenne Turbo's predecessor. The combined effort of these new features takes the 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo to 100kmph in a supercar-like 4.1 seconds and onwards to a top whack of 286kmph. The redesigned engine now more compact and sits lower aiding better centre of gravity, offering better control. The interior has been tweaked as well. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit brings with it a new touchscreen infotainment system connected to a 710-watt BOSE surround sound experience to drown out the exterior noise. But with a V8 rumbling through the twin pipes, would you really want to hear something else? The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is now in its third generation and looks like it will continue to hold its own with the upcoming version.
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000