2017 Geneva Auto Show: Skoda Kodiaq Scout to be showcased
Close on the heels on unveiling the all-new Skoda Kodiaq, the Czech car manufacturer has unveiled the rugged edition. The Skoda Kodiaq Scout will be showcased at the upcoming Geneva Auto Show 2017 in March and will be on sale in the middle of this year.
Features which set it apart from the regular Kodiaq include generous underbody protection, silver skid plates at the front and rear, cladding on the side and over the wheel arches as well as specifically designed 19-inch wheels. The front wing carries the Scout badge and so does the glove compartment. Skoda have also provided the Rough Road package which includes front and rear parking assist as well as protection to the engine bay. Inside, the new Skoda Kodiaq comes with Drive Mode select as standard and high quality upholstery. Ground clearance has improved by a notch at 194mm. There is no change in the mechanicals except that all-wheel drive is now standard.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout can be ordered with a choice of four engines - two petrol and two diesel. India will most likely get the 190PS 2.0TDI engine that Skoda claims will do 0-100kmph in 8.9s and a top speed of 210kmph. A petrol engine, the familiar 180PS 2.0TSI could also be introduced at a later stage. Both the engines will be mated to automatic transmissions. Skoda will launch the Kodiaq in India later this year. It remains to be seen though whether the Scout trim will make it to India or not. Skoda did try introducing its Scout-badged vehicles a few years ago when the last-gen Fabia was on its way out.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...