2017 Geneva Motor Show: Fiat Fullback Cross pick-up truck revealed
Fiat has revealed the Fullback Cross at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland. The Fullback Cross is a trendier and more stylish version of the Fiat Fullback, a pick-up truck assembled in Thailand. The Fiat Fullback has now been given a few cosmetic additions in order to develop the Fullback Cross variant. Prices will be revealed closer to the vehicle's launch in June this year in the UK.
The basic design of the Fiat Fullback Cross is the same as that of the donor Fullback, with quite a few additional features to make it look and feel more premium. Up front, the Fullback Cross receives a new grille design, finished in a matte black texture. A silver skid plate neatly contrasts the matte black detailing all over the exterior of the car. The alloy wheels, the revised (larger) side steps, textured sport bar and the cargo space are all decked in matte black.
On the inside, one would find the steering wheel, gear lever and seats are all clad in leather. Heated front seats and a six-way adjustable driver's seat further add to the comfort level. A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation and rear parking camera completes the interior package.
The Fiat Fullback Cross is powered by the same 2.4-litre, 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine with an output of 180PS and 430Nm. Customers can choose to pair this engine with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed automatic. The Fullback Cross also gets the AWD system from the Fullback, with a choice of four drive modes, along with an electronically controlled clutch system.
Fiat India has so far launched only hatchbacks, crossovers and sedans. Launching the Fullback or Fullback Cross here would definitely expand their product portfolio and take the competition directly to the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross, Scorpio Getaway and Tata Xenon, which are the only lifestyle pick-ups on sale in the country. However, given the current scenario with the Fiat India, it is highly unlikely that the company will want to invest in an all-new platform for a low-volume pick-up truck.
Starts Rs 14.32 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works