2017 Geneva Motor Show: India-bound all-new Volvo XC60 showcased
Volvo has revealed the all-new XC60 SUV at the Geneva Motor Show. The XC60, according to Volvo, became the bestselling mid-sized SUV in Europe within nine years after its launch. It is an important model for Volvo as it represents around 30 per cent of its total global sales.
The highlight of the new car is the headlamp design with the LED DRLs which draw attention at first glance. The resemblance in design to its elder sibling, the XC90, is obvious, even with the interior.
Volvo has employed the steer assist function in a number of safety features. The Oncoming Lane Mitigation uses the steer assist function to avoid head-on collisions, and the Blind Spot Indication System (BLIS) uses steer assist to avoid risk of collisions during lane changing. The Volvo XC60 also features an optional pilot assist function. It is a semi-autonomous driver assistance system that is capable of handling steering, acceleration and braking up to speeds of 130kmph on well-marked roads.
The new XC60 offers a range of petrol and diesel options. The top-spec T8 variant features a turbo-supercharged petrol plug-in hybrid which puts out a total of 407PS and 640Nm. The turbo-petrol T5 engine puts out 254PS/350Nm while the turbo-supercharged T6 petrol engine puts out 320PS/400Nm. Diesel-powered variants will use the D4 and D5 engines with an output of 190PS/400Nm and 235PS/480Nm respectively. The XC60 features 8-speed gearbox and all-wheel drive as standard.
Bookings for the all-new XC60 have started in Europe, and production will begin mid-April 2017. The Indian market, though, will have to wait until late 2017 for the XC60 launch. The Volvo XC60 will compete directly with the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5, BMW X3 and the Land Rover Discovery Sport.
Starts Rs 55.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe