2017 Geneva Motor Show: India-bound all-new Volvo XC60 showcased
Volvo has revealed the all-new XC60 SUV at the Geneva Motor Show. The XC60, according to Volvo, became the bestselling mid-sized SUV in Europe within nine years after its launch. It is an important model for Volvo as it represents around 30 per cent of its total global sales.
The highlight of the new car is the headlamp design with the LED DRLs which draw attention at first glance. The resemblance in design to its elder sibling, the XC90, is obvious, even with the interior.
Volvo has employed the steer assist function in a number of safety features. The Oncoming Lane Mitigation uses the steer assist function to avoid head-on collisions, and the Blind Spot Indication System (BLIS) uses steer assist to avoid risk of collisions during lane changing. The Volvo XC60 also features an optional pilot assist function. It is a semi-autonomous driver assistance system that is capable of handling steering, acceleration and braking up to speeds of 130kmph on well-marked roads.
The new XC60 offers a range of petrol and diesel options. The top-spec T8 variant features a turbo-supercharged petrol plug-in hybrid which puts out a total of 407PS and 640Nm. The turbo-petrol T5 engine puts out 254PS/350Nm while the turbo-supercharged T6 petrol engine puts out 320PS/400Nm. Diesel-powered variants will use the D4 and D5 engines with an output of 190PS/400Nm and 235PS/480Nm respectively. The XC60 features 8-speed gearbox and all-wheel drive as standard.
Bookings for the all-new XC60 have started in Europe, and production will begin mid-April 2017. The Indian market, though, will have to wait until late 2017 for the XC60 launch. The Volvo XC60 will compete directly with the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5, BMW X3 and the Land Rover Discovery Sport.
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
Starts Rs 51.73 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live