2017 Geneva Motor Show: Special edition Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport showcased
Maserati has introduced two special edition iterations of the GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The cars have been introduced to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the debut of the Maserati 3500 GT at the 1957 Geneva Motor Show. The 3500 GT was the first of its kind and created a new segment at that time. It was one of Maserati's most successful cars.
Maserati will only make 400 units of the special edition GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport, and there are quite a few features that make these cars stand out from their regular versions. The cars get a unique new Rosso Italiano colour that matches the red colour on Juan Manuel Fangio's 250F Formula 1 car that won him the 1957 World Championship title. The special edition cars are also available in two exclusive colours - Bianco Birdcage and Grigio Lava. The cars also get special edition MC-design 20-inch alloy wheels.
In addition, the cars get a special carbon-fibre bonnet with a central air vent and two rear air vents. The cars also feature a carbon-fibre front splitter, door handles, ORVMs and rear lip spoiler. The carbon-fibre treatment continues on the inside too with the centre console, paddles shift, instrument surround, dashboard, door sills and door panels trim strips finished in the exquisite material.
The seats and other trims are swathed in new Poltrona Frau leather or leather/Alcantara with options to choose the colour of the stitching. There's also a plate on the centre console that plays tribute to the anniversary and denotes the serial number of the car.
Maserati also showcased the special Levante Ermenegildo Zegna edition. The SUV features the new Ermenegildo Zegna silk fabric that's used to upholster the interiors. The silk fabric is paired with black leather upholstery that's spread across the upper portion of the dashboard.
In addition to this, Maserati showcased its flagship sedan, the Quattroporte and the Ghibli, along with the Levante S at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
Starts Rs 1.8 Crore
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh