2017 Geneva Motor Show: Special edition Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport showcased
Maserati has introduced two special edition iterations of the GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The cars have been introduced to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the debut of the Maserati 3500 GT at the 1957 Geneva Motor Show. The 3500 GT was the first of its kind and created a new segment at that time. It was one of Maserati's most successful cars.
Maserati will only make 400 units of the special edition GranTurismo and GranCabrio Sport, and there are quite a few features that make these cars stand out from their regular versions. The cars get a unique new Rosso Italiano colour that matches the red colour on Juan Manuel Fangio's 250F Formula 1 car that won him the 1957 World Championship title. The special edition cars are also available in two exclusive colours - Bianco Birdcage and Grigio Lava. The cars also get special edition MC-design 20-inch alloy wheels.
In addition, the cars get a special carbon-fibre bonnet with a central air vent and two rear air vents. The cars also feature a carbon-fibre front splitter, door handles, ORVMs and rear lip spoiler. The carbon-fibre treatment continues on the inside too with the centre console, paddles shift, instrument surround, dashboard, door sills and door panels trim strips finished in the exquisite material.
The seats and other trims are swathed in new Poltrona Frau leather or leather/Alcantara with options to choose the colour of the stitching. There's also a plate on the centre console that plays tribute to the anniversary and denotes the serial number of the car.
Maserati also showcased the special Levante Ermenegildo Zegna edition. The SUV features the new Ermenegildo Zegna silk fabric that's used to upholster the interiors. The silk fabric is paired with black leather upholstery that's spread across the upper portion of the dashboard.
In addition to this, Maserati showcased its flagship sedan, the Quattroporte and the Ghibli, along with the Levante S at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
Starts Rs 1.8 Crore
Starts Rs 1.45 Crore
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India