2017 Geneva Motor Show: Mitsubishi to debut an all-new SUV
The latest iteration of the Geneva Motor Show is scheduled to take place from March 9-19, 2017. This will be the platform for Mitsubishi to debut an all-new SUV. The Japanese automobile manufacturer has revealed a teaser image of the same. The production version of this SUV will be shown at the motor show.
The company states that the all-new SUV will be positioned between the Mitsubishi ASX (also known as the Outlander Sport) and the Outlander. The Mitsubishi ASX is a compact crossover that is comparable to the likes of Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta in India. The Mitsubishi Outlander, which was discontinued in India in 2013, is a full blown premium SUV that sits in the same segment as the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner. The new-age Mitsubishi SUV will bridge the large price gap between these two SUVs. This we believe is in line with the booming SUV trend globally. Additionally, it will increase the SUV portfolio of the brand that primarily consists of the above mentioned two SUVs.
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV II concept
The sharp window line looks similar to the SUV shown in the teaser image
The design details of the new SUV, from the teaser image, are still sketchy. The company states that the SUV will have a sharper design compared to a conventional coupe. The only visible trait in the teaser image is the strong shoulder line along with the blackened B-pillar. The other details that can be seen faintly are the muscular wheel arches. From the visible elements, it can be seen that Mitsubishi will be taking styling cues from the 2013 XR-PHEV concept.
Whether Mitsubishi plans to equip the all-new SUV with a plug-hybrid too is something that would be cleared at the time of its production debut. It is very likely that Mitsubishi will offer conventional engine options similar to that of the ASX with a different state of tune. Also, it is believed that the new Mitsubishi SUV will be built on a new platform that could underpin the next-generation Evo as well.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled