2017 Geneva Motor Show: Mitsubishi to debut an all-new SUV
The latest iteration of the Geneva Motor Show is scheduled to take place from March 9-19, 2017. This will be the platform for Mitsubishi to debut an all-new SUV. The Japanese automobile manufacturer has revealed a teaser image of the same. The production version of this SUV will be shown at the motor show.
The company states that the all-new SUV will be positioned between the Mitsubishi ASX (also known as the Outlander Sport) and the Outlander. The Mitsubishi ASX is a compact crossover that is comparable to the likes of Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta in India. The Mitsubishi Outlander, which was discontinued in India in 2013, is a full blown premium SUV that sits in the same segment as the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner. The new-age Mitsubishi SUV will bridge the large price gap between these two SUVs. This we believe is in line with the booming SUV trend globally. Additionally, it will increase the SUV portfolio of the brand that primarily consists of the above mentioned two SUVs.
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV II concept
The sharp window line looks similar to the SUV shown in the teaser image
The design details of the new SUV, from the teaser image, are still sketchy. The company states that the SUV will have a sharper design compared to a conventional coupe. The only visible trait in the teaser image is the strong shoulder line along with the blackened B-pillar. The other details that can be seen faintly are the muscular wheel arches. From the visible elements, it can be seen that Mitsubishi will be taking styling cues from the 2013 XR-PHEV concept.
Whether Mitsubishi plans to equip the all-new SUV with a plug-hybrid too is something that would be cleared at the time of its production debut. It is very likely that Mitsubishi will offer conventional engine options similar to that of the ASX with a different state of tune. Also, it is believed that the new Mitsubishi SUV will be built on a new platform that could underpin the next-generation Evo as well.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live