2017 Geneva Motor Show: Vanda unveils Dendrobium hypercar concept
Vanda Electrics unveiled the all-electric hyper car concept, the Dendrobium, at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The car that has been designed with Williams Advanced Engineering as partner is meant to be an all-electric sportscar that can clock speeds in excess of 320kmph. The company claims that the car will be capable of a 0-100kmph time of 2.7 seconds.
The all-electric Vanda Dendrobium hypercar concept
Designed at the Williams Advanced Engineering facility in Grove, the Dendrobium focusses on driver experience. The car has also been designed utilising the strengths of the Williams Advanced Engineering team - with a focus on aerodynamics, advanced lightweight structures, electrification, vehicle integration and low volume production.
A unique feature of the Dendrobium, named after an orchid that is native to Singapore, is the fact that the design and the synchronised door mechanism are both inspired by the aforementioned flower.
Speaking at the unveil, Larissa Tan, the CEO of Vanda Electrics, stated, "Dendrobium is our interpretation and expression of what pushes the boundaries in the development of an electric performance car." Tan continued to say that while the Dendrobium was merely a concept at that point, they had every intention of producing it in the future.
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works