2017 Geneva Motor Show: Vanda unveils Dendrobium hypercar concept
Vanda Electrics unveiled the all-electric hyper car concept, the Dendrobium, at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The car that has been designed with Williams Advanced Engineering as partner is meant to be an all-electric sportscar that can clock speeds in excess of 320kmph. The company claims that the car will be capable of a 0-100kmph time of 2.7 seconds.
The all-electric Vanda Dendrobium hypercar concept
Designed at the Williams Advanced Engineering facility in Grove, the Dendrobium focusses on driver experience. The car has also been designed utilising the strengths of the Williams Advanced Engineering team - with a focus on aerodynamics, advanced lightweight structures, electrification, vehicle integration and low volume production.
A unique feature of the Dendrobium, named after an orchid that is native to Singapore, is the fact that the design and the synchronised door mechanism are both inspired by the aforementioned flower.
Speaking at the unveil, Larissa Tan, the CEO of Vanda Electrics, stated, "Dendrobium is our interpretation and expression of what pushes the boundaries in the development of an electric performance car." Tan continued to say that while the Dendrobium was merely a concept at that point, they had every intention of producing it in the future.
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar