2017 GP3: Arjun Maini claims maiden victory at Spain
Jenzer Motorsport's Arjun Maini became the first Indian to win a race in the GP3 series at the first round of the season in Barcelona, Spain. In the first race, for which he qualified sixth, Maini had managed to move up by one place in the first lap. However, he eventually fell to seventh, which he held till the finish to claim six points. In Race 2, Maini started from second and quickly took first place from pole-sitter, Raoul Hyman. By Lap 10, he managed to pull a 4.5-second lead which he stretched to six seconds by the end of the race.
This win places him in third place in the overall championship standings. The next round in the 2017 GP3 season will be held in July at the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh