2017 GP3: Arjun Maini claims maiden victory at Spain
Jenzer Motorsport's Arjun Maini became the first Indian to win a race in the GP3 series at the first round of the season in Barcelona, Spain. In the first race, for which he qualified sixth, Maini had managed to move up by one place in the first lap. However, he eventually fell to seventh, which he held till the finish to claim six points. In Race 2, Maini started from second and quickly took first place from pole-sitter, Raoul Hyman. By Lap 10, he managed to pull a 4.5-second lead which he stretched to six seconds by the end of the race.
This win places him in third place in the overall championship standings. The next round in the 2017 GP3 season will be held in July at the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India