2017 Hero Glamour launched in India at Rs 59,280
Hero has launched the all-new Glamour in India at a starting price of Rs 59,280, ex-Mumbai. The Glamour is available in a carburettor as well as fuel-injected version. While one can buy the carburetted motorcycle with a front disc or drum brake, the Fi is available only with the disc option. Hero offers four dual-tone colour options on the new Glamour. There is a price increase of nearly Rs 10,000 over the older motorcycle, which ironically continues to sell and, as per a source, will be on sale till stocks run out. The new Hero Glamour can be booked for Rs 1,000 with deliveries scheduled for 25 days after the final amount is paid.
The new Hero Glamour boasts a BS-IV 125cc engine. In both the Fi as well as carb versions, it produces 11.4PS of power and 11Nm. These numbers are a tad higher than the older Glamour's 9.13PS/10.35Nm. Hero claims a fuel efficiency of 60kmpl from the carburetted Glamour and 62kmpl from the Fi. Both these engines are mated to a 4-speed gearbox. The powertrain is equipped with Hero's patented stop-start technology, i3S. Hero uses a new semi-double cradle-type chassis, and this ensures there is also a weight saving of 3kg from the older Glamour. The tyres too are wider than before.
Hero has retained the basic Glamour look while making the motorcycle more angular in design. From certain angles, the new Glamour also looks like the 2016 Xtreme. The instrument cluster has a semi-digital layout while the cycle parts are done in black.
We've ridden the new Glamour in a test track in Argentina and found the motorcycle to be extremely likeable. We will be riding it soon on Indian soil and will be able to fill you in on the real-world economy numbers and other details. Stay tuned!
Here are the prices of the new Hero Glamour 125:
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Hero Glamour
Starts Rs 68,900
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block