2017 Hero Glamour launched in India at Rs 59,280
Hero has launched the all-new Glamour in India at a starting price of Rs 59,280, ex-Mumbai. The Glamour is available in a carburettor as well as fuel-injected version. While one can buy the carburetted motorcycle with a front disc or drum brake, the Fi is available only with the disc option. Hero offers four dual-tone colour options on the new Glamour. There is a price increase of nearly Rs 10,000 over the older motorcycle, which ironically continues to sell and, as per a source, will be on sale till stocks run out. The new Hero Glamour can be booked for Rs 1,000 with deliveries scheduled for 25 days after the final amount is paid.
The new Hero Glamour boasts a BS-IV 125cc engine. In both the Fi as well as carb versions, it produces 11.4PS of power and 11Nm. These numbers are a tad higher than the older Glamour's 9.13PS/10.35Nm. Hero claims a fuel efficiency of 60kmpl from the carburetted Glamour and 62kmpl from the Fi. Both these engines are mated to a 4-speed gearbox. The powertrain is equipped with Hero's patented stop-start technology, i3S. Hero uses a new semi-double cradle-type chassis, and this ensures there is also a weight saving of 3kg from the older Glamour. The tyres too are wider than before.
Hero has retained the basic Glamour look while making the motorcycle more angular in design. From certain angles, the new Glamour also looks like the 2016 Xtreme. The instrument cluster has a semi-digital layout while the cycle parts are done in black.
We've ridden the new Glamour in a test track in Argentina and found the motorcycle to be extremely likeable. We will be riding it soon on Indian soil and will be able to fill you in on the real-world economy numbers and other details. Stay tuned!
Here are the prices of the new Hero Glamour 125:
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Hero Glamour
Starts Rs 61,535
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled