2017 Hero Maestro Edge to get AHO, new colours and retuned motor
Hero MotoCorp is set to launch the refreshed Maestro Edge soon. The changes include new body colours with graphics, Always Headlamp On (AHO) function and a BS-IV compliant motor. The Maestro is the first scooter in India to receive the AHO function which is going to be mandatory on all two-wheelers from this year onwards.
The new dual-tone colours on the Maestro Edge are targeted at the youth. This explains the bright red and blue colours with a contrasting white headlamp cowl. The front mudguard is finished in matte black that adds more contrast to the overall appearance. The black alloy wheels also get body coloured rim stripes. There's a generous amount of stickering all over the scooter which may seem a little too flashy for some.
The engine also undergoes a revamp which leads to a marginal drop in power and a slight increase in torque. While the earlier motor produced 8.43PS at 8,000rpm and 8.3Nm at 6,300rpm, the BS-IV motor produces 8PS at 7,500rpm and 8.7Nm at 5,500rpm. Since the peak power and torque are produced at lower rpms, expect the scooter to have improved rideability in the city and slightly better fuel economy.
Besides these updates, Hero should have introduced a disc brake-equipped variant of the Maestro Edge. The TVS Jupiter, one of its competitors, gets a single disc brake as an option.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive road test to discover what the new Hero Maestro Edge is all about.
Starts Rs 50,730
Starts Rs 49,966
- NewsNew-gen Toyota Century flagship sedan details revealed
- NewsFCA unveils Fiat Panda Waze in association with the navigation app maker
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway