2017 Honda Africa Twin launched in India at Rs 12.90 lakh
Honda has finally brought in its most anticipated motorcycle in India, the Africa Twin. From the time it made its global debut in 2015, the Honda Africa Twin was one of the most exciting models to be rolled out from the Japanese two-wheeler major. The company had showcased the Africa Twin at the 2016 Auto Expo in India wherein it generated great levels of interest among enthusiasts. The Honda Africa Twin is priced at Rs 12.90 lakh, ex-Delhi. It is being brought to India through the CKD route.
The Honda Africa Twin DCT
The Honda Africa Twin will be available only through 22 select dealerships spread across different states like Maharashtra, Delhi, West Bengal and Punjab. These dealerships have already started taking bookings for the Africa Twin, and the deliveries will start in the next few weeks. The company has opened these bookings for 50 customers only. These owners will also get a chance to be a part of the grand outdoor True Adventure Africa Twin India launch event.
The Honda Africa Twin is powered by an all-new 998cc parallel-twin engine that puts out 95PS and generates 92Nm of torque. Honda states that it has managed to develop the litre-class engine by using a four-valve Unicam head design. The company has launched only the DCT version for now.
The Honda CRF1000L has already proven its credentials at the famous Dakar Rally circuit. It has a ground clearance of 250mm which has been achieved by the motor's short height. This has been done by housing the water pump in the clutch case. Also, the water and oil pumps are driven by a single, shared balancer shaft that helps reduce the overall height of the engine.
We believe the Honda Africa Twin has been launched at an aggressive price and will offer stiff competition to the Triumph Tiger, the upcoming Ducati Multistrada 950 and the Kawasaki Versys 1,000.
Starts Rs 12,84,000
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip