2017 Honda CB Shine with BS-IV engine launched in India at Rs 60,467
In accordance to the upcoming BS-IV emission norms, manufacturers are bringing out their compliant models to the showrooms every single day. After the CB Hornet and Unicorn 160, it is now the turn for the CB Shine to go the BS-IV way. Along with the introduction of a BS-IV engine, the CB Shine also receives a few updates.
The new Honda CB Shine is available in three variants - the self-drum-alloy at Rs 60,467, the self-disc-alloy at Rs 62,926 and the self-disc-alloy CBS at Rs 66,015, ex-Mumbai. Compared to the BS-III CB Shine, there is nearly a Rs 500-700 increase in price. There is no change in the power/torque rating of the new CB Shine or even in the claimed fuel efficiency. The other changes include a new chrome muffler, 3D emblem graphics on the tank, updated tail light design and a new chrome carburettor cover.
In the coming days, Honda as well as other manufacturers are expected to roll out their BS-IV models. Nearly all manufacturers have increased prices by Rs 500-1,000. Most of them are also doing away with the headlamp switch, which means once you start the motorcycle/scooter, the headlamp will come on. This is a safety practice followed in others parts of the globe and after certain studies, the Indian government has decided to implement this.
It is still not clear if the CB Shine BS IV comes with AHO. It may be noted that the CB Shine SP, which borrows the engine and chassis from the regular Shine, still has a BS-III motor.
Update: Honda's official communication says that the new CB Shine has AHO
Starts Rs 56,147
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out