2017 Honda CBR 1000 RR launched in India at Rs 17.6 lakh
Honda has just announced that bookings have opened for its latest superbike, the 2017 CBR 1000 RR a motorcycle more famously known as the Fireblade. The 2017 Blade has been launched in two flavours, the standard RR and the top spec SP. After nine years, Honda gave its flagship superbike a complete overhaul with a revision across 90 per cent of all components. The motorcycle is now 16kg lighter with a kerb weight of 195kg and the engine sees a 11PS bump in power for a total of 192PS@13,000 while peak torque is 114Nm@11,000.
Electronic assists see a massive jump as well with the introduction of ride-by-wire, gyroscope assisted ABS that brings in a cornering ABS function, 9-level traction control, selectable engine braking control and riding modes. The new Fireblade gets a high resolution TFT display inspired by the RC213V-S.
The Fireblade SP gets advanced Ohlins semi-active suspension and a quickshifter/autoblipper
Over this, the Fireblade SP offers Ohlins semi-active suspension, a 43mm NIX30 fork and TTX36 shock at the rear. While a quickshifter is available as an option on the standard bike, the SP offers it as standard, including an autoblip option. Honda has priced the standard Fireblade at Rs 17.6 lakh while the SP costs 21.7 lakh, ex-Delhi. As of now, the Fireblade is available in Delhi and Mumbai through select Honda dealerships, with Mumbai prices being roughly Rs 1.5 lakh higher.
As of now, the Fireblade is the most affordable of the latest gen litre-bikes in India with the Kawasaki ZX-10R and ZX-10RR priced at Rs 18.1 lakh and 21.9 lakh ex-Delhi respectively. The freshly launched BMW S1000RR and S1000RR Pro meanwhile are priced at Rs 18.9 lakh and 21.4 lakh respectively. The Yamaha R1 and Aprilia RSV4 are all priced higher than these three motorcycles. Until Suzuki launches it's new GSX-R1000 in India, the new Honda CBR 1000 RR Fireblade promises to be the most affordable new-gen litre bike you can buy in India today.
Starts Rs 20,99,000
Starts Rs 17,60,000
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India